Learn how to draw a great looking Tiger Lily with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tiger Lily.
Tiger lilies are elegant wildflowers that are also cultivated in many gardens. You can learn how to draw a tiger lily with the help of this easy, step-by-step plant drawing guide.
Like all lilies, tiger lilies have large, showy feathers with long, pointed petals. The petals are spotted and pollen-bearing stamens are pronounced.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tiger Lily
How to Draw a Great Looking Tiger Lily for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the tiger lily outline by drawing a petal. Enclose a rounded heart or thick bean shape. This is the first petal. Begin a second petal by extending a curved line from the first.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue drawing the second petal. Extend a long curved line from the first petal, then a second curved line overlapping it.
From the back of the petal, extend another line to meet the previous one at a sharp point. Then, extend yet another curved line from the opposite side of the first petal.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 3
3. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the pointed shape of the third petal.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the fourth petal. First, use curved lines to draw a curved, incomplete triangle shape. Then use another overlapping curved line to complete the tip of the petal.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to enclose the heart like shapes of two more petals. Then, extend a curved line from the center of the flower to form the first of the stamen.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend three more long, curved lines from the center of the flower. At the end of each line, enclose a flattened oval shape.
Easy Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish drawing the anther at the end of the filament, completing the stamens. Then, draw the flower's stem. From the first petal, extend a pair of parallel curved lines.
At the base of the stem, extend a pair of curved lines and allow them to meet at a sharp point. From this structure, draw a curved line. This will become the lily's leaf.
Add More Details to Your Tiger Lily Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the first leaf using a long curved line. Then, draw a second leaf. Again, extend a pair of curved lines from the stem and allow them to meet at a sharp point.
Use two curved lines to enclose the teardrop-shaped leaf around the stem. Begin decorating the petals by shading small ovals on the surface.
Complete the Outline of Your Tiger Lily Drawing - Step 9
9. Shade many small ovals on each of the petals to give the flower "freckles."
Color Your Tiger Lily Drawing
Your flower outline is now complete. Color your tiger lily. Wild types are orange with dark red spots. Cultivated varieties can be red, pink, yellow, white, cream, or a combination of colors.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tiger Lily Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).