Learn how to draw a great looking Wolf with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Wolf.
Wolves capture our imaginations like few other wild animals. You can draw up a pack of your own with the help of this easy, step-by-step wolf drawing guide.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Or perhaps it is the way they resemble domestic dogs, which descended from wolves. You can learn how to draw a wolf like German shepherd dog here.
Or maybe we love their tight-knit families, called packs. You can draw an entire pack of wolves. Don't forget to include drawings of adorable wolf pups.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Wolf
How to Draw a Great Looking Wolf for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon wolf outline by drawing the wolf's face. Use curved lines for the forehead, snout, nose, mouth, and steely, focused eye.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to draw the wolf's alert triangular ears. Detail the ears with curved lines, some of which meet at jagged points. Use similar jagged lines to draw the fur at the base of the head. Detail the snout by shading small dots.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points to sketch the furry neck and chest of the wolf.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the wolf's leg. Again, use curved lines that meet at a jagged point to give it a furry appearance. For the paw, use overlapping curved lines to detail the toes.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the wolf's belly, again using connected, curved lines that meet at jagged points. Then use overlapping long and short curved lines to sketch the remaining foreleg.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the rear or hind leg. Again, use overlapping lines and connected, curved lines that meet at jagged points. Use additional curved lines to draw fur at the top of the leg.
Easy Wolf Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining hind leg, again using overlapping lines and connected, curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Add More Details to Your Wolf Picture - Step 8
8. Use jagged, furry lines to draw the back of the wolf's neck. Contour the shoulder with short, curved lines that are placed in a row but do not touch.
Complete the Outline of Your Wolf Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue the long curved line down the back to the tip of the tail. Allow jagged lines that meet at points to indicate fur.
Color Your Wolf Drawing
Your cartoon wolf outline is now complete. Color your drawing. Wolves come in a range of colors - solid black or white, or gray interspersed with black, white, red, and brown.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Wolf Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).