Learn how to draw a great looking Cute German Shepherd Puppy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cute German Shepherd Puppy.
German shepherds are popular herding dogs known for their intelligence, loyalty, and courage. You can learn how to draw a cute German shepherd puppy dog with the help of this easy canine drawing guide!
German shepherds are working dogs. They're easy to train and eager to please, so they often work in the military and as police dogs. They are also popular family pets.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Grab your pencil and your eraser, and get ready to welcome this smart and adorable German shepherd into your heart and home!
See also, How To Draw A Realistic Dog.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cute German Shepherd Puppy
How to Draw a Great Looking Cute German Shepherd Puppy for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the dog's face. Use two curved lines to sketch each eye. Then, shade a circle within each eye to form the pupils. Draw an irregular rounded shape for the nose, and use curved lines to draw the snout around it. Connect the nose to the front of the snout with a short line.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the sides of the dog's head, complete with tufts of fur. Use long and short lines that meet at jagged points. Use a curved line for the lower jaw, and contour the nose with another curved line. Shade two small circles on the nose to indicate the nostrils.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the shepherd's triangular ears. Use long curved lines. Note the furry texture at the base of the ears, created using a series of curved lines that meet at jagged points. Connect the ears at the top of the head using a curved line. Then, use thick, overlapping curved lines to draw the eyebrows.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 4
4. Contour each ear with a long curved line and a series of short "U" shaped lines. Then, begin drawing the dog's furry chest. Outline each side using a series of long and short curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the dog's leg and paw using a series of curved lines. Note the jagged furry pattern at the elbow and the overlapping lines that form the toes. Then, extend a curved line on each side of the paw. This will become the pup's chew toy or dog bone.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining leg and paw using a series of overlapping curved lines. Contour the chest with jagged series of curved lines.
Easy Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the rear leg using a series of curved lines. Notice the furry texture on the front of the leg. Don't forget the short line between the front and rear legs that encloses the belly.
Add More Details to Your Cute German Shepherd Puppy Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a long, curved line from the shoulder to outline the back and the top of the tail. Then, use a series of short curved lines that meet at jagged points to indicate the furry underside of the tail and finish enclosing the figure.
Complete the Outline of Your Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing - Step 9
9. Give the German shepherd a furry texture. Use a series of lines around the eyes and across the chest, side, leg, and tail.
Color Your Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing
Color your cute puppy German shepherd. Most German shepherds are black and tan. Some are solid black or solid white. Others have patches of white, blonde, or reddish-brown.
For more great Dog drawing tutorials, see the 50 Easy to Draw Dog Drawing Tutorials post.
For more easy and cute animal drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner's Guides to Drawing Furry Animals.
For all dog and canine drawings, see the Learn How to Draw Pooches with Simple Step-by-Step Tutorials page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cute German Shepherd Puppy Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).