Learn how to draw a great looking Xenomorph Alien with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Xenomorph Alien.
The xenomorph alien, also called Xenomorph XX121 or Internecivus raptus, is a fictional creature from the Alien film franchise. It has been included in numerous movies, comic books, video games, novels, and merchandise.
The aliens have a distinct and vicious life cycle. They begin as an egg, which hatches into a parasitic "face-hugger."
True to its name, the facehugger latches on to the face of a host, which could be any creature from as small as a cat to as large as an elephant.
It impregnates the host with a "chest-burster" larva which, as its name suggests, bursts from the host's chest before growing into an adult within hours.
The xenomorph aliens take on the traits of their host through an exchange of DNA. The bipedal alien in this drawing guide had a human host.
Quadrupeds like dogs and cattle produce four-legged aliens that bite rather than using their arms. When the host is a Predator, another fictional creature, the Predalien results.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? The xenomorph alien was designed by the Swiss surrealist artist H.R. Giger, who is famous for his futuristic images of the link between humans and machines.
Would you like to draw a xenomorph alien? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Xenomorph Alien
How to Draw a Great Looking Xenomorph Alien for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use a long, curved line to outline the bean-shaped head. Contour the base of the head and forehead with curved lines.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to contour the face, including the bands along the base of the head. Outline the jaw, and use a zigzag line to indicate the sharp teeth.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the alien's torso. Outline the shoulder and sides. Use overlapping curved lines to indicate the rib cage.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the alien's muscular arm. Use pairs of lines to form the shoulder muscle, the upper arm, lower arm, and hand. Enclose an elongate teardrop shape along the lower arm. Enclose three pointed fingers, using two curved lines that meet at a point for each. Detail the ligaments of the hand with curved lines.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the remaining arm. Use curved lines to sketch the shoulder, upper arm, lower arm, and hand. Note the short line indicating the bend of the elbow, and the elongated teardrop shape on the forearm.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the alien's crouching leg. Use pairs of curved lines to form the upper leg, lower leg, foot, and pointed toes. Enclose a teardrop shape on the upper leg, and band it with diagonal curved lines.
Easy Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the remaining leg. Use pairs of curved lines to sketch the upper leg, lower leg, foot, and pointed toes. Notice the curvature at the top of the hip. Draw teardrop shapes along the upper and lower legs, and band them with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Xenomorph Alien Picture - Step 8
8. Extend several curved lines from the back, doubling them back upon themselves to form the dorsal tubes. Then, extend a pair of curved lines from the hip to form the long tail. At the tail's tip, draw short lines outward. Then, extend two curved lines that meet at a point, forming a bent triangle shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Xenomorph Alien Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw triangular spikes along the top of the tail, erasing as necessary. Band the tail with loosely "S" shaped lines.
Color Your Xenomorph Alien Drawing
Color your cartoon alien. They are usually black or grey in color, but may be pale and pinkish when newly hatched.
Who else lives in your galaxy? Select your crew from our cartoon character drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Xenomorph Alien Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).