Learn how to draw a great looking Anime Cat Girl with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Anime Cat Girl drawing.
In Japanese anime cartoons, the lines between the human and animal worlds are often blurred.
Human characters with animal features are common. This is referred to as Kemonomimi, meaning "animal ears."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
It is also used to refer to anime or manga characters with catlike features, including ears, tails, whiskers, and paws.
A number of anime and manga feature catgirl characters. These include Outlaw Star, The Star of Cottonland, Acchi Kocchi, Infinite Stratos, Fairy Tale, and High School DxD.
Even non-anime cartoons, such as Treasure Planet, She-Ra: Princess of Power, Star Trek: The Animated Series, and Thundercats include these characters.
Fans often create furry fan art by adding cat ears to their favorite characters.
Why? The answer is kawaii, or cuteness. After all, "everything can be improved by drawing cat ears and a tail on it."
Would you like to draw an adorable anime cat girl?
This anime cartoon drawing guide can show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Anime Cat Girl
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the anime girl's face. Use a "U" shaped line to outline the chin and cheeks. Notice the slight point of the chin.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the hair falling across the forehead. For each lock of hair, use a pair of curved lines that meet at sharp points. Note that the locks are of strikingly different lengths.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the top of the head. Notice the slight overlap where the lines converge, forming the crown of the head. At the sides of the face, draw locks of hair using pairs of lines that meet at points.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the cat ears, erasing as necessary. For each ear, Enclose a curved triangle emerging from the side of the head. Note the curvature of the hair made by a curved line at the base of one ear.
Draw a line down the center of each ear consisting of a series of short lines that meet at jagged points. This details the inner ear, as do the short lines that give it a furry texture. Then, draw the ponytails on each side of the head, using long, curved lines to form the locks. Texture the hair with long lines down its length.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a headband and bow, erasing as necessary. For the bow, enclose the round shape of the knot with an irregular shape on each side. Add dimension using a curved line. Then, extend a pair of curved lines across the head, forming the band. This should end at a long curved line.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend two divergent curved lines downward to form the neck. Connect them at the bottom, and band the neck with a pair of lines to form a choker style necklace.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to outline the sides and sleeves of the garment. Use additional curved lines to indicate folds in the fabric.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 8
8. Draw a line descending from each sleeve to form the arms.
Anime Cat Girl Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the girl's face. Use wide lines to outline the brows, lids, and eyelashes. Enclose small ovals within a circle to form each eye. Shade one set of ovals to indicate the pupil. Finally, enclose the mouth using two curved lines and place a dot for the nose.
Complete Anime Cat Girl Drawing
Color your anime cat girl. Be creative, as anime characters often feature brightly toned hair and clothing.
You can also draw cat ears for any character by using the instructions in the step 4.
Then, draw a cast of anime cartoon characters with the help of our people drawing guides.
For more great Anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy Anime Art Projects for Kids post.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).