A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Skirt with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Pleated skirts are a staple in anime and manga drawings. You can learn how to draw an anime skirt through this easy, step-by-step anime clothing drawing tutorial.
In fact, you might already have tackled this type of skirt if you drew the pretty anime girl.
How many characters can you name who wear short pleated skirts like this one? Sailor Moon and her companions are among the most famous.
Often, these skirts are a part of an anime girl school uniform, much as they are in real life.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Skirt
Whether your character is a raucous cheerleader or a studious private school student, this skirt is the perfect way to channel lolita style.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 1
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the flared sides of the skirt using long curved lines. You may remember from the anime girl full body drawing that female anime hips are wide.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 3
3. Use nearly straight vertical lines to begin ironing the pleats or folds into the skirt.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 4
4. Continue drawing the vertical curved lines of the pleats.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the end of each pleat to the front of the pleat beside it using a series of curved lines. This gives the bottom of the skirt a jagged appearance.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 6
6. Band the bottom of each pleat with parallel curved lines. This stripe is a common style.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 7
7. Extend two pairs of lines from beneath the skirt to form the tops of the legs. The lines should appear to converge as they near the knees.
Anime Skirt drawing - Step 8
8. Color your anime skirt. Often, these skirts are light with a dark stripe (for example, white with a blue stripe) or dark with a light stripe (for example, black with a white stripe).
Sometimes, they match the school's official colors.
What to draw next?
In previous lessons, we've been working with a fully clad woman in a jacket, ripped jeans, and combat boots.
Can you replace her jeans with this cute skirt? What type of shoes (see How to Draw a Shoe) should she wear to match?
If you're ready to go all out with the school girl uniform, check out this anime outfit.
To practice other anime clothes, see:
You can find many more anime drawing ideas from our collection of over 100 anime and manga drawing guides. See this page to learn to draw anime!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).