A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Girl in the Rain with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Rain - in anime and manga, rain can be a major plot point, with characters fighting against the elements.
It can express emotions of grief, sadness, or renewal. Or, it can simply be a part of the backdrop.
Either way, you can learn how to draw an anime girl in the rain using this easy, step-by-step tutorial.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Girl in the Rain
You may not see any raindrops, but you know the weather is inclement because this cute character is carrying an umbrella.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the anime girl's face in 3/4 perspective. Use curved lines for the head, neck, ear, and grid crossing the face. This grid will help you space and place the girl's facial features.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the eyes. Notice that the eyes rest near the outer edges of the horizontal grid line. Center the small mouth on the vertical grid line, and the nose to one side of the line.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the grid lines from the face. Use curved lines that meet at jagged points to begin sketching the girl's hair (for more ideas, see the anime girl hair reference).
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 4
4. Complete the hair with additional jagged locks, and curved lines for texture. Contour within the ear. Then, use overlapping curved lines to begin sketching the girl's hoodie (for details, see Anime Girl Hoodie drawing).
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a six-sided hexagon shape above the girl's head. this will become the underside of the umbrella. Then, use curved lines that meet at jagged points to sketch and texture her ponytail.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 6
6. Use a long curved line to enclose the body of the umbrella above the hexagon. On top of the umbrella, extend a short line and double it back upon itself to form a point.
Then, draw curved lines across the top and underside of the umbrella to divide it into sections.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to complete the torso of the hoodie, the drawstring, hood, and sleeve.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 8
8. Extend narrowly spaced parallel lines from behind the girl's face to form the shaft of the umbrella. At the bottom, enclose the "J" shaped handle with the girl's hand clutching it (learn how to draw a hand with this easy guide).
Then, use curved lines to sketch the remaining cuff and sleeve of her hoodie.
Anime Girl in the Rain drawing - Step 9
9. Color your anime girl in the rain
What to draw next?
Who is this girl looking back to see? Who is walking toward her in the rain? Does she see a mysterious older anime guy who frightens her? Is it one of her friends or a bully from school? Or maybe it is her crush and they will soon be kissing in the rain (for details, see the anime kiss drawing)!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).