A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Cute Girl in Full Body with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Kawaii is the Japanese culture of cuteness. It often refers to people or objects that are childlike, vulnerable, and shy.
Bring some kawaii cuteness into your life with this cute anime girl drawing.
Anime and manga characters - especially females - often strike a cute anime pose like the one in this drawing guide. But what is it that makes them look "cute"?
It is often their wide, sparkling eyes, charming smiles, and childlike attire. Additionally, they may have personalities that are full of wonder and curiosity.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Anime Cute Girl (Full Body Figure Drawing)
Follow this easy, step-by-step guide to create a cute anime character striking a full body pose. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist, you can master this beautiful girl drawing.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 1
1. Draw the round shape of the head, cocked diagonally to one side. Then, use curved lines to draw the ears, neck, and the guideline grid in the center of the face. This grid will help you position the facial features in a later step.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the girl's hair. It has fallen to one side and is, therefore, more visible on one side of the head.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to draw the closed eyes. The eyes should rest along the horizontal grid line, each taking up the outer two-thirds of that half of the line. Draw the curved eyebrows below them, and the blushing oval cheeks below the line, beginning at the halfway point of the eyes.
Use curved lines to draw the mouth, centered on the vertical guideline and in the bottom half of its grid section.
Finally, use curved lines to sketch the triangular collars of the girl's Sailor Moon-style school uniform.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the grid lines from the face. Use curved lines to sketch the sleeves, bowtie, and chest of the garment.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 5
5. Use curved lines to sketch the first of the girl's anime arms. Notice that she is making a "V-for-Victory" gesture as if she is posing for a photo.
Complete the torso using overlapping curved lines. Think back to the anime girl body base reference from a previous lesson as you consider the proportions of the torso and the legs to come in subsequent steps.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to detail the blouse and trace the remaining arm, partially hidden behind the back. Draw a curved line upward from the face, with a heart shape above it.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the girl's pleated skirt. Use a series of vertical curved lines for the pleats. Connect them at the bottom using short straight lines.
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 8
Anime Cute Girl in Full Body drawing - Step 9
9. Color your character.
What to draw next?
This tutorial combined a lot of the skills from previous lessons - the full body, face, legs, hair, and gestures.
Now, it's your turn to customize this cute character. Start with a different hair drawing. Could you make her even cuter with twin tails or odango buns? What if she had long hair or a short pixie cut?
Then, draw a different hand gesture. Could she be waving, saying "OK," or giving you a thumbs up? Perhaps you could bring her hidden hand from behind her back so that she can say "I love you" with a heart hands gesture.
Looking to learn how to draw more anime? You're in luck! There are over 100 easy, step-by-step anime things to draw available on this page.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).