A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Anime Old Man with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
You can learn how to draw an anime old man with the help of the easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial that follows.
Many anime and manga stories feature a wise old man. He may offer counsel to younger characters or even bust out some surprising fighting moves. Sometimes, the older man is a villain.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing an Old Anime Man
Master this man face drawing to include bearded and elderly male anime characters in your next comic or picture.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by outlining the man's face in front view or portrait perspective. Use curved lines to sketch the top of the head, ears, and chin.
Then, use a horizontal and vertical line to create a grid in the middle of the face. This will help you to place and proportion the facial features.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the man's eyes centered on each half of the horizontal grid line. Use curved lines to sketch the pupils, heavy lids, and wrinkles at the corners of the eyes.
Then, draw jagged, pointed eyebrows above the eyes. Note how they are furrowed as if in concentration.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the horizontal grid line. Use the vertical line to center the nose and forehead wrinkles. Also, use curved lines to sketch circles or bags and wrinkles beneath the eyes, and to contour within the ears.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the remaining grid line and begin sketching the beard. Use lines of different lengths that meet at jagged points. Notice the outline of the beard upon the face - beside the ears and under the nose.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 5
5. Outline the hair along the forehead using short lines. Use jagged lines to create a hairless opening in the beard around the mouth. Indicate the lips using curved liens.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 6
6. Enclose the samurai bun hairstyle on top of the head using a partial circle shape. Then texture the hair with short lines from the forehead to the top of the head.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 7
7. Texture the beard with short curved lines. Extend pairs of lines below the beard to indicate the man's garments.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 8
8. Use curved lines to draw the shoulders and sleeves of the man's robes.
Anime Old Man drawing - Step 9
9. Color your ancient anime man.
What to draw next?
Can you customize this older anime and manga man drawing? Can you give him a different style of beard or mustache drawing?
Can you adjust his hair (maybe draw dreads, short, or messy hair) and facial features (draw an angry, happy, or shocked face)? What if you left off the hair entirely and made him bald?
How would he look like showing strong emotions? See how to draw tears or scared face drawing.
Is he outside in the rain or getting ready to eat? See these guides for inspiration: How to draw an anime in the rain, anime bento box, and anime girl eating.
We also challenge you to work him into the stories of your other characters. Is he training the anime wolf girl? Or battling the fighting anime guy.
See all over 100 anime drawing templates and tutorials. These step-by-step guides make it easy for anyone who wants to learn to draw anime or manga.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).