A beginner-friendly guide to learning how to draw a great-looking Fighting Anime Guy with easy, step by step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for beginner artists!
Epic battles are one of the most awesome parts of anime. You can learn to make an anime fighting pose drawing with this easy, step-by-step guide.
Who are your favorite anime brawlers? Goku vs. Vegeta? Goku and Vegeta vs. Cell? What about Naruto and Madara Uchiha? Or Avatar, the Last Airbender vs. Fire Lord Ozai? We have drawing tutorials for most these. See the anime things to draw page for more.
No matter your favorite, all of these fighters have a few things in common - an anime-style body, anime eyes, and an array of facial expressions. See the How to Draw a Body, Eye Drawing Step-by-Step, Anime Facial Expressions posts for more details.
But now, let's learn to draw a brawling anime character.
Step-by-Step Tutorial for Drawing a Fighting Anime Guy
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the outline of the head and face using curved lines. In addition to the outline, use the lines to make the ear, contour the neck, indicate the mouth, and sketch the eye and furrowed brow.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to outline the man's hair. Notice how it is spiky at the front. Then, use additional curved lines to trace the shoulders, torso, and neck of the shirt, and contour the collarbones.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to outline the roughly rectangular shape of the sleeve. Then, use long curved lines to draw the muscular arm. Overlapping curved lines form the fist at the end.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the other arm raised in a fist, erasing as necessary. Use curved lines for the rectangular sleeve, the bottom of the shirt, the fist, and the arm, doubled back upon itself.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 5
5. Use long curved lines to draw the man's leg. Contour the material with shorter curved lines. At the bottom of the leg, draw a standard tennis shoe using a multitude of curved lines.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 6
6. The first leg was placed forward, midstep. The second leg is likewise on the move. To outline the leg, draw curved lines at an opposite angle from the first leg.
This leg is behind the character, and the foot is curved in mid-step. Use curved lines to contour the material of the pants and to draw the shoe.
Fighting Anime Guy drawing - Step 7
7. Color your fighting character.
What to draw next?
Maybe even gender-swap them to create a female fighter! Take a look at this anime girl running drawing first.
If you want to be even more creative, take a look at this easy anime boy full body drawing guide, then do your best to transform it to a fighting pose.
We have over 100 easy, step-by-step guides to drawing anime and manga. See them to learn how to draw anime character outlines, faces, and other details.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).