Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Caricature with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Caricature.
Would you like to draw caricatures of your family and friends? You can use this step-by-step easy caricature drawing tutorial to gain the needed skills.
A caricature is a "comically distorted drawing or likeness." The idea of a caricature is that it looks enough like the subject to recognize them, but it emphasizes features in a silly and fun way.
In this caricature, for example, the man's ears, nose, lips, chin, and eyebrows are larger than they might appear in real life.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Many people like to have their caricatures drawn while they are on vacation. Can you adopt the style of this drawing to look like someone you know?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Caricature
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Caricature for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy character outline by drawing the eyes. For each eye, use two thick, curved lines to form an incomplete almond shape. The lines should not connect at the corners of the eyes. Between each set of lines, draw a circle with an oval inside it. Shade between the shapes to indicate the pupils of the eyes.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 2
2. Contour above and below the eyes using short curved lines. Then, draw the new nose. Use a long line for the bridge of the nose and another for the nostrils and nose tip.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to enclose a double-pointed shape above each eye. Shade these curved shapes to indicate the eyebrows. Then, draw two connected curve lines like a wide, flat "W" shape to form the mouth.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a wavy "M" shaped line above the mouth and a "U" shaped line below it to indicate the lips. Draw a short curved line at each corner of the mouth.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a long curved line to outline the chin and cheeks, and another for the ear. Draw a dimple in the chin using an inverted "U" shaped line.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining ear using a long curved line. Then, use a series of connected curved lines to detail inside the ear.
If you want to learn more about drawing realistic human ears, check out this ear drawing guide.
Easy Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 7
7. Detail inside the remaining ear using a series of connected curved lines. Then, use curved "V" shaped lines and "M" shaped lines to begin drawing the hairline on the forehead.
Add More Details to Your Easy Caricature Picture - Step 8
8. Complete the hairline using a wavy "M" shaped line. Then, extend curved lines upward from the ears to form the sides of the hairstyle. Begin drawing the hair on top of the head. Using a series of short connected, "U" shaped lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Caricature Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the wavy top of the hair using a series of short, connected lines. Then, texture the hair just above the forehead using curved lines of different lengths.
Color Your Easy Caricature Drawing
Your easy character caricature outline is now complete. Color the hair and face.
For more great easy cartoon drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple How to Draw Easy Cartoons Ideas.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Caricature Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).