Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Bat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Bat.
We're batty for bats! Learn how to draw an easy cartoon bat and make a portrait of your favorite flying mammal. All you need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and this step-by-step drawing guide.
Bats may move so fast in flight that you can hardly see them, but not so the image in your drawing guide. Though in mid-flight, this bat will stay put as you add the blue highlighted lines in each step.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You will notice that this bat outline contains a lot of triangle shapes - the wings, the ears, the tail, the nose, and the teeth. Those sharp teeth indicate that he is a vampire bat!
Bats often congregate in large groups. Give your cartoon bat a friend when you learn how to draw a bat from a different angle.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Bat
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Bat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon bat outline by drawing the bat's face. Shade two oval-shaped eyes, and draw curved lines above and below them.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw an inverted triangle for the nose and a rounded "W" shaped mouth below it. Enclose two curved triangle-shaped fangs and a short line to contour the chin.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the bat's head. Use a series of curved lines, noting the points at the cheeks and the opening on top of the head.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the bat's large ear over the opening. Use a straight line and a curved line to make the half-circle shape, then contour the inside of the ear with a curved line.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a straight and curved line to enclose the half-circle ear on the opposite side.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw the bat's wing. Use two long curved lines for the top of the wing, allowing them to meet at an "L" shaped point. Use three curved lines for the bottom of the wing, again allowing them to meet each other and the wingtip at points.
Easy Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 7
7. Contour the wing with straight lines, indicating the bat's "fingers." Then draw the top of the remaining wing.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Bat Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the bottom of the wing and contour it with straight lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the bat's body and tail. Use long curved lines for the sides, and connect them with a "V" shaped line at the bottom.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing
Your easy cartoon bat outline is now complete. We've colored ours in shades of grey, but many bats are brown in color. A few are even white with pink ears.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Bat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).