Draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Fairy with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
Fairies are one of the world's most famous mythological creatures. Fairy tales tell the stories of fairies, elves, sprites and dragons in a colorful, entertaining way. You might have grown up reading stories about fairies and their wilderness friends.
Artists draw fairies in several different ways. Some artists make realistic paintings, while others draw cartoons. This guide teaches you how to draw an easy cartoon fairy. You can come up with all kinds of stories for your cartoon fairy when you're done.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Maybe your fairy lives in the forest or hides in the grass. This guide shows you how to draw an earth fairy, but you could also draw an air, fire or water fairy. Afterward, you'll outline and color your cartoon fairy to make them come to life.
This easy cartoon fairy has a magic wand that casts spells or grants wishes. If your cartoon fairy gave you a wish, what would you wish for? That's what you could write about after you complete your drawing. You could also draw comics with your imaginative character.
Start with a pencil sketch so you can erase any mistakes. Afterward, outline the drawing with a black pen or marker. Use crayons, colored pencils, markers or paint to color your cartoon fairy. If you want to challenge yourself, draw a background or add sparkles coming out of the wand.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Fairy
1. Start with a wide, curved V-shape near the center of the page. Add two loops for ears with curved lines to give the ears depth. For the neck, draw horizontal lines pointing downward with loops for the shoulder and neckline.
2. Next, sketch a vertical line for the left side of the body. Make a curved line for the bottom of the sleeve, then draw two sideways L-shapes for the arm. Use small loops that look like beans for the fingers. For the wand, draw a stick with a circle at the end.
3. Add another stick with a star on top to complete the wand. To the right, use curved lines to make a hill shape for the sleeve. Add a horizontal and vertical line, then use wavy lines to make two shapes like blades of grass.
4. Repeat the last to draw the other two fingers. Complete the arm with sweeping curves. Finish the body with a curved line, then sketch two vertical lines and connect them with scalloped shapes as if you were drawing a flower.
5. Use sweeping, curved lines to sketch the legs with a loop on the left shoe for the heel.
6. To draw each eye, sketch two horizontal lines, then connect them with two vertical lines. Draw circles inside the eyes, and fill them in. Add small curved lines above the eyes.
7. For the nose, draw a hook shape with a point at the end. Use a curved line for the mouth.
8. Draw the hair with broad, sweeping curves to make a shape that looks like flames. Add a loose M-shape like a bird from a distance for the hairline.
9. Sketch broad V-shapes that end in a point to make the wings. Draw curved lines inside the shapes to give the wings texture.
Now that you've completed your easy cartoon fairy, outline the sketch with a black pen or marker.
Color the wings green to make them look like leaves, then use pink for the dress and yellow for the wand. Color the hair reddish-brown, and use your favorite skin tone for the body.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).