Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Guitar with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Guitar.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy cartoon guitar? Now you can, with the help of this step-by-step drawing tutorial.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
What makes up a cartoon guitar? You will use curved and straight lines, circles, and teardrop shapes. In each step, simply add the new lines and shapes that are highlighted in blue.
If you enjoyed this drawing guide, check out this electric guitar drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Guitar
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Guitar for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy cartoon guitar outline by drawing a circle within a circle. This is the soundhole. Notice that the inner line is thicker and darker than the outer line.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend two straight lines from the soundhole, angled slightly toward one another. Connect the lines at the top with a short line. This is the neck of the guitar.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw straight lines across the guitar's neck. These are called the frets.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of straight lines to enclose an irregular hexagon shape on top of the guitar's neck. This is the headstock. Within the headstock, draw two narrow, rounded shapes. On the side, enclose three teardrop-like shapes. These are the pegs or tuners that tighten and loosen the strings.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw three teardrop-shaped tuners just beyond the headstock on the opposite side. Then, use a series of lines to enclose a shape parallel to the edge of the headstock. This is its side, and it gives the instrument a three-dimensional appearance. Do the same for the neck of the guitar.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 6
6. Extend a long curved line from the guitar's neck. This begins the rounded peanut shape of the guitar body.
Easy Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue the curved line to completely enclose the guitar's body.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Guitar Picture - Step 8
8. Draw another curved line along the side of the guitar, parallel to the edge of the body. This gives the body a three-dimensional shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing - Step 9
9. Enclose a curved rectangle shape on the guitar body using three straight lines and one curved line. This is the bridge that the strings attach to.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing
Your easy cartoon guitar outline is now complete. Color your musical instrument. Acoustic guitars are often golden brown with darker brown elements, but they can come in any color. Kids' guitars come in brighter colors such as pink or blue.
For more great musical instruments drawing tutorials, see the collection of How to Draw Musical Instruments Step-by-Step Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Guitar Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).