Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Cartoon Palm Tree with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Cartoon Palm Tree.
Palm trees are a symbol of the tropics. Sketch your own tropical paradise with an easy cartoon palm tree drawing.
If you've ever eaten shredded coconut, you've enjoyed the fruit from a palm tree. Coconuts are the easiest part of this step-by-step guide because they're basic circles. The trunk is also easy to draw because it's made from simple lines.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
When you're done, you could cover the entire ground with sand or draw an ocean around your palm tree.
Maybe your tree is the only plant on a tiny island. Add white clouds and a bright yellow sun against the blue sky.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Cartoon Palm Tree
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Cartoon Palm Tree for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Draw loose, sketchy hills in different sizes near the bottom of the page.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 2
2. Add more sketchy hills, then outline the trunk with two vertical lines that gradually get closer.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch two loops above the trunk. To outline each leaf, start with a curve, then make a straight line pointing upward. Carry the line downward into another curve.
Increase the size of the leaves as you go on, then draw a final curve that trails to the edge of the page.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 4
4. Cover the leaves with a tall hill. Draw a small loop and a rounded triangle to start the leaves on the right.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another tall hill with a small dip in the center, then add more uneven triangles underneath.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 6
6. On the left, sketch an incomplete teardrop shape with a small hill behind it. Make an uneven hill with a dip in the middle on the right.
Easy Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw four circles underneath the leaves for coconuts. The circles should overlap each other with the two back circles hidden underneath the leaves. Sketch a line in the center of three of the fronds.
Add More Details to Your Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Picture - Step 8
8. Outline the leaves in the back with four wavy triangles. Sketch diagonal lines to add texture to the trunk.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the rest of the lines inside the trunk, then sketch four small hills inside the grass. Use two curves to represent the ground.
Color Your Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing
Outline your easy cartoon palm tree before you erase the pencil lines. Next, color the leaves and grass with bright, tropical green. Add tan for the sand, light brown for the trunk and dark brown for the coconuts.
For more great easy tree drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Tree Drawing Guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Cartoon Palm Tree Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).