Learn how to draw a great looking Tree House with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Tree House.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Would you like to learn how to draw a tree house? This easy, step-by-step architectural drawing guide will help you master the tree house outline.
A tree house, also called a tree fort or a treeshed, is a "building constructed around, next to or among the trunk or branches of one or more mature trees" above ground level.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Most treehouses are built for fun. Children like to play in backyard treehouses. In some parts of the world, however, indigenous peoples live in traditional treehouses.
And today, more people are interested in building and living in modern treehouses just for the novelty of it.
Did you know? Treehouses can be more eco-friendly than some other building methods because they do not require the removal of mature trees from the land.
Design your dream treehouse with the help of this drawing guide.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Lighthouse, Simple House, and Dog House.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tree House
How to Draw a Great Looking Tree House for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the tree house outline by drawing the roots of the tree. Use overlapping curved lines to sketch the knarled trunk and roots. Allow the lines to meet at points at the root tips.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, draw the branches of the tree that will support the treehouse. Again, use a series of overlapping curved lines. Then, draw a pair of parallel, horizontal curved lines, and connect them on one end.
Below this, draw another narrow shape using parallel lines. This serves as the base or foundation of the treehouse.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 3
3. Begin drawing the walls of the treehouse. Enclose square and rectangular shapes. Use a parallelogram with rounded corners to form the roof of one section. Use vertical lines to give the components a three-dimensional appearance.
Finally, use a series of “U” shaped lines to enclose greenery at one end of the treehouse.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 4
4. Use curved lines to enclose the triangular and rectangular portions of the treehouse’s roof. Use a curved line to give the roof a three-dimensional appearance, and draw a small circle near the eaves.
Enclose a square window on the side of the house. Draw small rounded rectangles to forms the “L” shaped handrails at the front of the treehouse.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a small rectangle for the door with an oval for the doorknob. Within the window, draw a smaller circle and plus shape to outline the window frames. Then, draw a deck on the back of the house.
Use pairs of straight, horizontal lines for the top and bottom rails, and connect each set on the ends. Then, draw pairs of vertical lines between them. Use a short straight line to enclose a triangle-shaped support.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a flagpole on the porch. Extend a line upward and double it back upon itself to form the pole. Enclose the curved rectangle shape of the flag using curved lines. Then, use curved lines to sketch the tree branch and leaves growing through the roof of the house.
Easy Tree House Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw more tree branches and boughs of leaves.
Add More Details to Your Tree House Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to use a series of “U” shaped lines to trace the tree’s leafy canopy. Then, draw a rope ladder to allow access to the treehouse. Use two curved lines for the sides of the ladder, connected by many horizontal lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Tree House Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your tree house outline by using curved lines to contour the knot in the tree, draw small branches, and sketch tufts of grass around the roots.
Then, draw a swing hanging from one of the branches. Use a narrow rectangle for the seat, and vertical lines to connect it to the branch.
Color Your Tree House Drawing
Color your cartoon tree house.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tree House Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).