Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Grinch Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Easy Grinch Face.
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy Grinch face? This easy, step-by-step cartoon Grinch drawing tutorial will help you master the easy Grinch face outline in no time.
The Grinch is the villain-turned-hero of the children's book How the Grinch Stole Christmas! He has also starred in movies, cartoons, and video games.
The Grinch is described as "a pot-bellied, furry, pear-shaped, snub-nosed creature with a cat-like face and cynical personality."
He lives alone on a cliff overlooking Whoville. Born with a heart "two sizes too small," he hates to see others' happiness.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This is especially true when the Whos sing carols at Christmas time. With the help of his dog Max, he dresses as Santa Claus and steals from the Whos. When their happiness remains, the Grinch has a change of heart.
Did you know? Even though Dr. Seuss created the word "grinch" in 1957, it now appears in many dictionaries. The definition of a grinch is "a person or thing that spoils or dampens the pleasure of others."
Don't let a grinch spoil your drawing fun! Let's get started.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Grinch Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Grinch Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy Grinch face outline by drawing the eyes. Use curved lines to draw a wide, round "W" shape. These are the furrowed brows.
Below them, use curved lines to enclose the eyes. Within each eye, shade a thick curved line to form the semicircular pupils.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 2
2. Use overlapping "M" and "U" shaped curved lines to draw the nose. Then, Use curved lines to draw the cheeks and the philtrum - the indentation in the upper lip.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Next, sketch the Grinch's thick eyebrows. Use curved lines that meet in jagged points to give them a furry appearance. Then, draw a curved line above each brow.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the Grinch's smirking mouth. Use curved lines that meet at a point on the bottom and curl into a spiral at the corners. Then, contour the cheeks with short curved lines.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the bottom of the face and the chin. Use two long curved lines, and several shorter lines to form the jagged tuft of hair at the bottom.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the Grinch's furry cheeks. Use a series of connected curved lines on each side.
Easy Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to draw the temples, sides of the forehead, and wrinkles between the brows. Then, draw the bottom of the Santa hat. Use a series of connected curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Easy Grinch Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the top of the Santa hat using overlapping curved lines. Note that the hat ends in a point. Use another curved line to contour the material.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Grinch Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete your easy Grinch face outline by drawing the pompom at the end of the hat. Draw a "V" shaped line at the hat's tip, and a round shape made of connected curved lines surrounding it.
Color Your Easy Grinch Face Drawing
Color your easy cartoon Grinch face. The Grinch has green fur and yellow eyes. His Santa hat is red with white trim.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Grinch Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).