Create a wonderful Christmas Snoopy drawing with easy, step-by-step instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
"It was the night before Christmas, 40 below, when Snoopy went up in search of his foe." - "Snoopy's Christmas," song by The Royal Guardsmen
Would you like to learn how to draw Christmas Snoopy - your favorite cartoon canine wearing a Santa hat and holding a present? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Snoopy's first Christmas special was A Charlie Brown Christmas, which debuted in 1965. In it, Snoopy's doghouse wins a Christmas decorating contest.
Other Peanuts Christmas specials included It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown, Charlie Brown's Christmas Tales and I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown. Snoopy, of course, played a starring role in each.
During the 1960s, the band The Royal Guardsmen released a Christmas song featuring one of Snoopy's most famous alternate identities - that of a World War I flying ace facing off against the Red Baron. In the song, the two enemies put warfare aside to enjoy a Christmas truce.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Christmas Snoopy
1. Begin by sketching Snoopy's face. Use a curved line to outline his muzzle. Then, shade small ovals for the nose and eyes. Draw a wide "U" shaped line to form the smiling mouth.
2. Draw two curved lines across Snoopy's forehead, and connect them on each end. This is the brim of Snoopy's hat. Draw a curved line descending from the brim - this will become the pointed top of the hat. Then, use a curved line to outline Snoopy's ear.
3. Use a long curved line to complete the outline of the hat. At the tip, draw a circle. Use a curved line to complete Snoopy's head and neck.
4. Draw a pair of curved lines across the neck, and connect them with short lines on the sides. This is Snoopy's scarf. Then, draw the arm using a pair of curved lines. Begin drawing the fingers using "U" shaped lines.
5. Complete Snoopy's hand and fingers using overlapping curved lines. Then, draw the end of the scarf blowing in the wind. From the neck and arm, extend a pair of curved lines, and connect them at the end. Draw short lines along the end of the scarf to form the fringe.
6. Draw the gift that Snoopy is holding. First, draw a bow. Use overlapping curved lines to enclose the knot and sides of the bow. Then, use a series of lines that connect at points to outline the three-dimensional box.
7. Use curved lines to detail the texture of the bow, draw ribbons on each side of the package, and sketch the corners of the box within the outline. Below the gift, draw Snoopy's stomach using a curved line.
8. Use curved lines to complete the torso and enclose the leg, foot, tail, and a spot on Snoopy's back.
9. Draw Snoopy's remaining foot and leg. Detail the toes with short curved lines.
Color your cartoon of Snoopy. He is white with black spots.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).