Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Cats are one of the world's most popular pets. They're soft, fluffy and loveable, but they're also independent--if you want to make a cat do something, you'll need to be convincing. If you don't have a cat at home, this easy step-by-step cartoon cat drawing guide is the next best thing.
Once you've completed your cartoon cat outline, you can draw a collar, mouse or food bowl to give your cat something to do.
Give your cat a name, and make up stories about them. You could also base your drawing on a real cat that you loved in the past.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use pencils for the initial sketch, then outline your cartoon cat with black and use your favorite coloring tools to fill it in.
If you want to get creative, use short lines and cross hatching to create the appearance of fur. You could also give your cat a fluffy tail or no tail at all, like a bobtail cat.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Jiji Cat, Cat in Clothes, and Cat Paw Prints.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. For the eyes, sketch two lemon shapes, then draw a circle inside each eye with a smaller circle in the pupil.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Between the eyes, draw a rounded triangle with a straight line and two curves underneath like a fish hook.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Add the whiskers, then draw lines over the eyes and under the mouth.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw an oval around the face to make your cartoon cat's head. Use rounded triangles for the ears.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the ears with a curved line. Sketch triangles inside the ears, then draw a curve to start the cat's body.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Make two straight lines for the leg. Sketch an oval underneath with two lines to define the toes.
Easy Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. On the right, start with a small curve, then sketch a longer curve that ends in a loop like a hook.
Add More Details to Your Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch another hook for the left leg. On the right leg, draw a curve and add two lines on the foot.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete the left leg with short lines, then use an oblong shape for the tail.
Color Your Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing
Congratulations! You've completed your cat outline. Use a black pen or marker to finalize the drawing, then erase the pencil lines.
You can use any colors for your cat outline. If you'd prefer to stick with this guide, use light and dark shades of gray for the body, then make the nose and ears pink. Leave the eyes white with black pupils.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Step-by-Step Cat Drawing for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).