Learn how to draw a great looking Ash-Greninja from Pokémon with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Ash-Greninja from Pokémon.
"Come with me, the time is right,
There's no better team!
Arm in arm, we'll win the fight,
It's always been our dream!"
- Pokémon theme song
Ash Ketchum is a young Pokémon trainer from Pallet Town. At the age of ten, he left his home to become a Pokémon master.
As the main protagonist of the series, we've followed Ash's journey through numerous manga, anime, and films. During the Pokémon Sun and Moon series, Ash makes a thrilling discovery, one that has not occurred in hundreds of years - Ash's Greninja powers up due to a strong bond with its trainer, becoming Ash-Greninja.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Ash-Greninja? This easy, step-by-step Pokémon drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Ash-Greninja Pokémon
How to Draw a Great Looking Ash-Greninja from Pokémon for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. Later, this will help you to sketch Ash-Greninja’s head.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a second oval, partially hidden by the first. This forms the Greninja’s wrapped tongue.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose an irregular shape beneath the head. Enclose another, smaller, irregular four-sided shape beneath it. Finally, enclose an inverted, curved triangle beneath the previous shape.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 4
4. Enclose an irregular shape on the Greninja’s chest, erasing as necessary. The shape should resemble a half circle with a downward-facing triangle beneath it. Enclose another, smaller half-circle inside it.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Greninja’s arm, erasing lines as necessary. Use a pair of curved lines for the upper arm and another for the lower arm. Enclose an oval on the lower arm near the elbow. Band the lower arm with a curved line. Then, use curved lines to enclose the irregular flipper-shaped hand. Draw three circles at the tip of the hand to indicate fingers. Draw two curved triangles on the back of the hand to indicate webbing between the fingers.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining arm. Use curved lines to enclose the irregular shapes of the upper arm, lower arm, and hand. Draw the webbing between the fingers using curved lines, and draw a circle at the end of each.
Easy Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 7
7. Enclose two teardrop shapes beneath the torso to indicate Greninja’s upper legs. Enclose an oval at each knee. Draw one leg in profile, using curved lines to form the rounded toes and the claw on the back of the foot. For the remaining leg, outline an inverted “Y” shape. Connect the branches using a curved line, and draw a circle at the tip of each toe.
Add More Details to Your Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Picture - Step 8
8. Sketch the top of Greninja’s head, erasing as necessary. Draw an irregular, elongate diamond-like shape down the center of the face. Use curved lines to sketch the horn-like projections on each side of it. Enclose the side of the face using short curved lines that meet at jagged points.
Complete the Outline of Your Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the face. For each eye, draw a circle banded with a line to indicate the eyelid. Draw two ovals within it, shading between them to indicate the pupil. Draw a triangle extending from the front of the eye, and a lightning bolt shape from the rear. Draw four pairs of curved lines from Greninja’s back, allowing them to meet at gentle points. Band them with curved lines. Use a long, curved line that doubles back upon itself to form Greninja’s tongue.
Color Your Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing
Color Ash-Greninja. He is blue with red, black, and white markings and a pink tongue.
You want to catch them all - now, you can draw them all! Assemble your team when you learn to draw Charmander, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Eevee, and many others.
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Pokemon Drawing Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Ash-Greninja from Pokémon Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).