Learn how to draw a great looking Baby Dory from Finding Dory with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Baby Dory from Finding Dory.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"It means you can do whatever you put your mind to."
- Dory's mom, Jenny, Finding Dory
Thirteen years after the release of the animated film Finding Nemo, Disney and Pixar provided fans with a sequel - Finding Dory.
This film expounds on the backstory of one of the franchise's most beloved characters.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Dory is a fish with severe short-term memory loss. Although she cannot remember her past or her family, she knows she must have one.
When a memory is triggered, Dory, Marlin, and Nemo cross the Pacific Ocean to reach Dory's birthplace, the Marine Life Institute of Morro Bay, California.
After reaching the aquarium, Dory is almost shipped across the country to another location. However, with the help of friends old and new - an octopus named Hank, Dory's childhood friend Destiny the whale shark, and Bailey the beluga whale - Dory is finally reunited with her parents.
Would you like to draw baby Dory from Finding Dory? This easy, step-by-step Disney character drawing guide is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Dory, Nemo, and Cute Narwhal.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Baby Dory from Finding Dory
How to Draw a Great Looking Baby Dory from Finding Dory for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long, curved line. It should form a rounded shape that does not connect at the top, with lobes like that of a heart shape. This outlines Dory's face.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a curved line across the top of the shape, connecting the two lobes. This forms Dory's dorsal fin.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a pair of curved lines outward from the side of the figure, allowing them to meet at a point. This forms Dory's pectoral fin.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a pair of curved lines from the opposite side, and connect them with a curved line. This forms the remaining pectoral fin.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a large circle overlapping the side of the figure. This forms Dory's eye.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a large circle overlapping the opposite side of the figure. This forms the remaining eye.
Easy Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase lines from behind the eyes.
Add More Details to Your Baby Dory from Finding Dory Picture - Step 8
8. Draw two successively smaller circles within each eye. Draw a C-shaped notch in the smaller circles, and then shade them to form the pupils. Draw a wide U-shaped line to form the smiling mouth, and shade a dot at each end. Band each of the pectoral fins with two curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a pair of curved lines extending from one side of the figure. One of the lines should pass behind the pectoral fin. Connect them using a curved line, and band the shape with many curved lines. This forms Dory's tail. Contour the face with a pair of curved lines above each eye. Detail the dorsal fin by enclosing two triangular shapes.
Color Your Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing
Color Dory. As a blue tang or royal tang, she is a deep blue in color with yellow fins and black markings. Her eyes are pink or purple.
Make like a school of fish and learn to draw other Finding Nemo characters, including Nemo, adult dory, and plenty of other aquatic friends.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy Things to draw Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Baby Dory from Finding Dory Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).