Learn how to draw a great looking Belle from Beauty and the Beast with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned."
- Belle, Beauty and the Beast (1991)
The animated cartoon Beauty and the Beast (1991) is one of the most beloved Disney fairy tales. It follows the story of a cursed prince and an adventurous young woman.
The prince must find love in order to regain his humanity.
Beauty and the Beast originated as a French fairy tale by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, published in 1740. It was influenced by earlier tales, such as the mythology of Cupid and Psyche and the Italian fairy tale "The Pig King."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In 2017, Beauty and the Beast was recast as a live-action musical. It was one of the most expensive films ever made at that time.
The investment paid off, as it also became the highest grossing live-action musical of all time.
Would you like to draw Belle from Beauty and the Beast? This easy, step-by-step cartoon drawing tutorial can show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Mermaid Ariel, Elsa from Frozen, and Tinkerbell.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Belle from Beauty and the Beast
How to Draw a Great Looking Belle from Beauty and the Beast for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use curved lines to sketch Belle's face. Notice the "V" shaped hairlines at the forehead and in front of the ear.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, sketch Belle's neck and hair. For the neck, extend two curved lines downward from the face - one from below the ear and the other from the chin. Then, use long, curved lines to enclose the wavy shape of the hair. Notice how the lines of the outline overlap each other. Then, detail the texture of the hair using curved lines.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the collar of Belle's dress. Extend a pair of long, curved lines from the chin and the base of the neck. Allow them to meet at a point.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Belle's hair, tied back in a ponytail. Beneath the hair at the base of her neck, enclose a partial circle to form the knot of the bow. Then, enclose an irregular shape to form the side of the bow. Texture the contours of the bow using curved lines. Then, outline the ponytail using long, curved, overlapping lines.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Belle's shoulder. Extend a curved line from the collar. From this line, extend a pair of lines downward to form the strap of the overdress.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 6
6. Detail Belle's neck with a small, "U" shaped lined. Then, draw her remaining shoulder. Extend a curved line from the ponytail. Then, draw a pair of lines downward to indicate the strap of the overdress.
Easy Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 7
7. Begin to detail Belle's face. Use a series of curved lines to outline the irregular curved shape of the eye. Enclose three round shapes within it, each smaller than the last. Shade between the two smallest to indicate the pupil. Draw short, thick lines at the corner of the eye to indicate lashes, and a curved line above the eye to form the lid. Finally, enclose a pointed, curved shape above the eye to indicate the brow.
Add More Details to Your Belle from Beauty and the Beast Picture - Step 8
8. Continue to detail the face. Use curved lines and a small shaded oval to form the nose. Then, draw the remaining eye and brow as before.
Complete the Outline of Your Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing - Step 9
9. Use a series of curved lines to craft Belle's open lips.
Color Your Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing
Color Belle. She typically has brown hair, and her outfit is blue and white. Then, check out our cartoon characters drawing guides for more Disney fun!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Belle from Beauty and the Beast Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).