Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Cheese with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Cheese.
Is cheese your favorite food? Learn how to draw cartoon cheese with this step-by-step guide.
Cheese is so popular that people dedicate entire organizations to this food, including the American Cheese Society and Academy of Cheese. Cheese is also an easy food to draw because it's made up of lines and ovals. This snack is likely a hunk of Swiss cheese, which is famously decorated with holes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
If you wanted to draw American cheese, you could sketch a flat square. However, this snack is a three-dimensional wedge made from triangles. Wedges are typically cut from cheese wheels.
Try challenging yourself by drawing a shadow. Where is the light source coming from? How would it cast a shadow across the table?
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cartoon Cheese
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Cheese for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Start your cartoon cheese drawing with two diagonal lines that point downward.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two curves between the diagonal lines. Don't connect the curves to the top diagonal line. Otherwise, the cheese will look blocky.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 3
3. Add another curve to the top that points upward, then sketch a straight line pointing in the opposite direction.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch a loop before drawing the rest of the line. This represents the holes cut out in the cartoon cheese.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 5
5. Cut another loop out of the vertical line that you drew previously.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 6
6. Add another loop to the right to give the shape depth, then sketch a vertical loop near the top of your cartoon cheese outline.
Easy Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw an oval and another curve that points to the right.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Cheese Picture - Step 8
8. Outline another oval near the bottom.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Cheese Drawing - Step 9
9. Sketch two more ovals, making one bigger than the other. The final sketch should resemble a regular cheese drawing.
Color Your Cartoon Cheese Drawing
If you want to keep it simple, color your easy cartoon cheese with three shades of yellow. Make the top of the cheese lighter than the rest. Shade the holes to give them depth.
Cartoon cheeses, such as this one, are typically yellow. However, cheese can be white or orange or streaked with red or blue. Add a streaky pattern to produce a new type of cheese.
Make sure that you start with a pencil sketch before you outline your drawing. You'll have to erase parts of your straight lines so that you can add the holes. Do you think that you could color this image without outlining it for more realism?
Afterward, check out a guide to sketch more tasty food, such as a rice and chopsticks drawing. You can make an entire feast with these easy guides. Are they making you hungry?
For more great easy food drawing tutorials, see the collection of Beginner Easy Food Drawing Tutorials.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Cheese Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).