Learn how to draw a great looking Cat Eyes with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cat Eyes.
"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."
- Martin Buber, philosopher
The cat has been a beloved fixture in human life since antiquity. The ancient Egyptians worshiped temple cats, even mummifying some. In other cultures, cats were used to control rodent pests. Today, cats are most often house pets.
Did you know? In 2001, the cat became the world's first cloned pet. Her name was CC, short for "Copy Cat."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The term "cat eyes" has entered popular culture as more than just the cat's means of sight. Glasses that are pointed on the sides are referred to as "cat eyes," as is a specific style of makeup that utilizes pointed eyeliner. Both of these styles attempt to imitate the slanted shape of the cat's penetrating eyes.
Would you like to draw a realistic cat's face? This simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial can show you how. All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished cat.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cat Eyes
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat Eyes for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching the first eye. First, draw a half circle. Draw a curved line across the top of it. Connect one end of the curved line to the circle using a short line, enclosing the pointed inner corner of the eye. Draw a few small lines at the opposite corner. Next, draw two curved lines within the eye, enclosing a curved triangular shape. This form's the cat's pupil. Finally, draw a small oval within the pupil.
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw the second eye. Use two curved lines to sketch the outside of the eye, and texture the lid with short lines. Then, use two curved lines to enclose the triangular shape of the pupil within the eye. Draw a small oval within the pupil.
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch the cat's nose. Use curved lines to outline a rounded "V" shape. Extend the nose upwards using short lines on one side of the nose. Shade small ovals on the undersides of the "V," forming the nostrils. Draw a curved line upwards from the bottom of the "V."
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 4
4. Texture and contour the nose and forehead. Use a series of curved lines to craft each line. The lines should have a furry texture. Outline the sides of the nose. Continue the nose between the eyes and up onto the forehead.
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw short lines on each side of the nose. Draw two overlapping "U" shaped lines beneath the nose, forming the mouth. Draw another small line beneath them, enclosing a small, rounded triangle. Shade a small dot at each corner of the mouth.
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 6
6. Use curved lines to shade a furry spot around one eye. Draw a curved line from one side of the mouth to the other, outlining the chin. Then, use short lines that meet in jagged points to sketch the cat's cheeks.
Easy Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to enclose the cat's head, using a series of short lines that meet in jagged points. Don't forget the triangular shapes of the ears.
Add More Details to Your Cat Eyes Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the ears by drawing curved triangles inside each. Use a series of short lines that meet in jagged points to sketch the furry base of the ear. Then, enclose a curved shape above each eye, indicating eyebrows.
Complete the Outline of Your Cat Eyes Drawing - Step 9
9. Finish detailing the cat's face. Use curved lines that meet in sharp points to enclose stripes on each side of the face. Shade dots on the upper lips, and extend long lines to form the whiskers.
Color Your Cat Eyes Drawing
Color your cat.
You find plenty more feline drawing guides among our selection of animal drawing guides.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Easy and Fun Things to draw Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat Eyes Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).