Learn how to draw a great looking Cat Face with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Cat Face.
Cats and humans have enjoyed a long history together. Archaeological evidence from China, Egypt, and the Middle East indicate that cats were hunting mice near agricultural storehouses - and eating table scraps - thousands of years ago.
The first solid evidence of domestication - breeding cats for the specific purpose of catching mice and living alongside people - dates to 1,500 B.C.E.
Cats were regarded as religious icons in some ancient societies, especially in Egypt. As such, they were often depicted in art.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Later, cats, especially black cats, were associated with witches and thought to possess magical powers.
Today, cats often enter the art preferences of pet lovers.
They are also featured in animated films and related artwork. For example, cats are a common addition to anime cartoons.
Would you like to draw a cute cat face? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser.
You may also wish to use crayons, markers, colored pencils, or paints to shade your finished kitty.
Step by Step Instructions for a Cute Cat Face
How to Draw a Great Looking Cat Face for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval to outline the cat's face.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 2
2. From each side of the oval, extend a long, curved line. At the bottom of the line, connect short, curved lines in a jagged zigzag pattern. This forms the cat's cheeks, complete with tufts of fur.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 3
3. Connect the tufts using a long, curved line, to completely enclosing the face. Notice the pointed bulge in the line indicating the chin.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 4
4. On each side of the head, draw three curved lines extending outwards and meeting in a point - forming a curved triangle. This is the cat's ear. Repeat on the opposite side.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the guide line of the original oval.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 6
6. Add detail to the ears. Draw a curved line within the ear, parallel to its exterior. At the base of the ear, use very short lines outline the head, giving it a furry texture.
Easy Cat Face Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw the cat's eyes. For each eye, use two curved lines to enclose a rounded shape with points on each end. Shade the exterior points. Within the eye, draw a circle within a circle. In the smaller circle, draw two ovals of different sizes, giving life to the eye. Shade the smaller circle, indicating the pupil. Add depth by placing a curved line above each eye. For the eyebrows, form a curved shape using two curved lines - meeting in a point on one end and a blunt, rounded intersection on the other.
Add More Details to Your Cat Face Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the nose and mouth. Begin by extending faint lines downward from the eyes. This outlines the snout. Connect these lines by enclosing a small, irregular shape, somewhat like a rounded, upside down triangle. Beneath the nose, draw two curved lines in the shape of a wide "W" to form the mouth. Above the "W," draw dots to indicate the growth of whiskers. Add depth to the chin by drawing a small curved line beneath the "W."
Complete the Outline of Your Cat Face Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend long whiskers - long curved lines - from the dots on each side of the mouth. Add the texture of fur to the forehead and cheeks using short, curved lines that meet at jagged angles.
Color Your Cat Face Drawing
10. Color you cute cat drawing. Domestic cats come in a wide variety of colors - solid white, orange, black, or grey; stripes of black and grey, called tabbies; striped shades of orange, called marmalades; or even spots. White cats with black and orange spots are called calicos, and Siamese cats typically have cream colored fur with brown noses and ears.
For more great Cat drawing tutorials, see the 25 Easy Cat Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cat Face Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).