Learn how to draw a great looking Christmas Ornaments with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Christmas Ornaments.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Christmas ornaments are decorations that are usually used to adorn a Christmas tree. They may be made from a variety of materials, including glass, wood, clay, and metal. Families often pass ornaments from one generation to another.
Where did the tradition of Christmas ornaments originate? The use of the Christmas tree itself can be traced to ancient Egypt, China, and other regions, where evergreen trees symbolizes eternal life.
These trees were worshiped in ancient Europe, and homes and barns were decorated with evergreen boughs in an attempt to scare away evil spirits. The trees were often decorated, or gifts left on them for the benefit of spirits.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In medieval Germany, this tradition became mixed with Christian symbolism. On December 24, "paradise trees" were set up in homes - a fir tree hung with apples to represent the trees of the Garden of Eden.
Later, cookies, candles, figurines, and stars were used to decorate the tree. This tradition entered into wide popularity during the 1800s after the British royal family included a decorated spruce tree in their Christmas celebrations.
Would you like to draw colorful ornaments? All you will need is a pencil, pen, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Cartoon Reindeer, Santa Claus, and Holly.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Christmas Ornaments
How to Draw a Great Looking Christmas Ornaments for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a long curved line. This will form the string from which the ornaments hang.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 2
2. From the string, extend a straight line downward. Draw a small rounded shape at the end of it, forming the knot of the bow. Use a curved line to enclose an irregular rounded shape on each side, completing the bow. Extend two short lines downward from the bow. Connect them by drawing a circle to complete your ornament.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw another straight line downward from the string. Draw a set of parallel, upside down "U" shaped lines, and connect them with a curved line. Extend two short lines downward from each end of this line, and connect them by drawing a perfect circle. This completes your second ornament.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 4
4. Decorate your ornaments. Band one with curved lines, and mark the other with polka dots. Use curved lines to sketch a bow tied above the ornament.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend another straight line downward from the string. At the end of the line, draw a small circle, with a large circle beneath it. Sketch a bow tied to the string above the ornament.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a small circle overlapping the string, erasing guidelines as necessary. Beneath the circle, use curved lines to sketch a five-pointed star shape. Band the base of the uppermost point with two curved lines to create the appearance of a Santa Claus hat.
Easy Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 7
7. Decorate your ornaments. Draw a smiling face upon the star, and band its points with curved lines. Band the round ornament with two curved lines. Draw another curved line across the bottom, ending it at a small shaded circle. This gives it the appearance of a jingle bell.
Add More Details to Your Christmas Ornaments Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a straight line downward from the string. Use curved lines to enclose a rounded "L" shape, forming a stocking. Use a curved line to band the top, toe, and heel of the stocking. Then, use additional curved lines to form stripes.
Complete the Outline of Your Christmas Ornaments Drawing - Step 9
9. Extend a straight line downward from the string. Enclose a tiny rounded triangle, and a small rectangle beneath it. Under the rectangle, draw a series of small circles. Finally, use two curved lines to enclose the round and pointed shape of the ornament. Decorate it using curved lines.
Color Your Christmas Ornaments Drawing
Color your ornaments. Christmas ornaments are often brightly colored.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Christmas Ornaments Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).