Learn how to draw a great looking Cookie Monster from Sesame Street with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Cookie Monster from Sesame Street drawing.
Cookie Monster is a furry blue Muppet from the children's television show Sesame Street. He is known for his voracious appetite, especially for sweet treets. His most famous quotes are "Me want cookie!" and "Om nom nom."
Cookie Monster's origins lie with three Muppet-populated commercials during the 1960s. Each involved hungry monsters devouring snack foods or seemingly inedible things. In his first season on Sesame Street, this monster won a quiz show and had to choose a prize - money, a vacation, a new car, or a cookie. He chose the cookie, and would henceforth be known as Cookie Monster.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
In 2006, a rumor circulated that Cookie Monster would be renamed Veggie Monster. Why? As part of Sesame Street's "Healthy Habits for Life" initiative aimed at reducing childhood obesity. The rumor was debunked in interviews with Martha Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Cookie Monster reported that "cookies are a sometimes food," and his original name remained.
Cookie Monster remains a favorite character pictured on Sesame Street merchandise. You'll find him adorning t-shirts, school supplies, coloring books, and more. From time to time, he even makes appearances on cookie packages!
Would you like to draw Cookie Monster? Now you can, with the help of this easy, step-by-step Sesame Street drawing guide.
All you will need is a pencil, pen, marker, or crayon and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cookie Monster from Sesame Street
How to Draw a Great Looking Cookie Monster from Sesame Street for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two circles to form Cookie Monster's eyes. Within each eye, draw a smaller circle to form the pupil. Note that the pupils appear in different places, as if Cookie Monster's eyes are looking in two different directions.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 2
2. Using a series of short curved lines connected at jagged points, enclose a rounded shape beneath the eyes, outlining Cookie Monster's face. Draw a line consisting of short overlapping lines across the middle of the face. Enclose a shape beneath it using a large "U" shaped line, completing Cookie Monster's mouth.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a series of short, jagged lines descending from each side of Cookie Monster's face. This outlines the sides of his body.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a series of connected curved lines to outline Cookie Monster's hand. Notice how the furry fingers are pointed on the tips.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of curved lines to outline Cookie Monster's remaining hand. Notice how the jagged junctions of the lines give the hand a furry appearance.
Then, use a scalloped curved line to enclose the round shape of a cookie between Cookie Monster's fingers. Enclose irregular shapes within the cookie to indicate the chocolate chips.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 6
6. Use two jagged curved lines to attach Cookie Monster's hand to his body.
Easy Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 7
7. Give texture to Cookie Monster's fur. Draw jagged lines consisting of short connected lines along the contours of his arm and chest.
Add More Details to Your Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Picture - Step 8
8. Cookie Monster has one empty hand, until now. Use a series of curved lines to outline the round shape of a cookie with many bites taken from one side. Then, enclose irregular shapes within the cookie to indicate chocolate chips, and below it to indicate falling crumbs.
Complete the Outline of Your Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing - Step 9
9. Shade Cookie Monster's pupils and open mouth.
Color Your Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing
Color your Cookie Monster. He is typically blue in color.
Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? Find your way when you draw more of your favorite characters.
Cookie Monster from Sesame Street Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).