Learn how to draw a great looking Pusheen the Cat with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Pusheen the Cat.
Pusheen is a "chubby, tubby," short haired grey tabby cat, based on Belton's own pet, rescued from a shelter as a kitten. Her name is derived from the Irish word puisín, meaning kitten.
Pusheen was first seen in 2010, featured in comics and animated GIF messaging stickers. By 2011, she had her own website, and her first book, a comic strip collection entitled I Am Pusheen the Cat, was published in 2013.
The book features Pusheen as well as her sister, Stormy. She's also got her own set of emojis on Facebook, and fans can now subscribe to a quarterly "Pusheen box," a collection of merchandise such as mugs and t-shirts delivered to their homes.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
How did Pusheen become so popular? For years, the popularity of "cat videos" on YouTube and other websites have implied the internet fascination with cute cats.
Other famous cats include Grumpy Cat and Lil Bub. Pusheen is also preceded by other cartoon cats of the pre-internet printed page, such as Heathcliff, Garfield, Hobbes, and Felix the Cat.
Would you like to draw Pusheen the cat? This simple, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Pusheen the Cat
How to Draw a Great Looking Pusheen the Cat for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will help you to outline Pusheen's round head and body.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 2
2. Extend a line upward from the side of the oval, near the top. Bend the line in a gentle point, allowing it to pass inside the oval. This forms the first ear. Then, extend the line horizontally before drawing it up and out of the oval once more. Bend the line in a gentle point and connect it to the the opposite side of the oval, enclosing the second ear.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a long, curved line downward from the side of the oval. Allow it to connect with the bottom of the oval, continuing on to end at the opposite side of the oval. You will have enclosed a rounded shape on each side, outlining the contours of Pusheen's body.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 4
4. Erase the guide lines left by the original oval, leaving a clean outline of the cat.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 5
5. Near the top of the figure, draw the eyes. For each eye, shade a small circle. Between the eyes, draw the mouth. Begin by using a small, wide "W" shaped line. Then, use a short, curved line to enclose the open mouth beneath it.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw whiskers on each side of the face using long, curved lines that begin inside the figure and extend outward. Use short, curve lines to sketch the stripes on the top of the cat's head.
Easy Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Pusheen's arms, using curved lines like a flattened, backwards letter "C." Enclose the stripes along the side of the cat using similar "C" shaped lines.
Add More Details to Your Pusheen the Cat Picture - Step 8
8. Enclose the feet along the bottom of the body using inverted "C" shaped lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Pusheen the Cat Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the tail. Extend a long, curved line outward from the body. Double the line back upon itself, enclosing the tail. Band the tail with pairs of short, curved lines.
Color Your Pusheen the Cat Drawing
10. Color Pusheen the cat, usually depicted as a grey tabby.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Best Things to draw Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Pusheen the Cat Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).