Learn how to draw a great looking Crystals with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Crystals.
Crystals are special stones in which the atoms and molecules line up in specific patterns. Crystals usually form underground.
Crystals come in many colors, and some - such as diamonds, emeralds, and rubies - are often used in jewelry. The word "crystal" comes from a Greek term meaning "ice."
Did you know? Salt, sugar and snowflakes are all crystals. If you look at salt using a magnifying glass, it resembles tiny cubes.
Some animals, such as mollusks, can make their own crystals for biological applications. Scientists and inventors use crystals in many objects as well. Some clocks and watches employ crystals in their inner workings.
Surgeons use scalpels lined with tiny, microscopic diamonds because of this crystal's remarkable hardness.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
While most crystals are small, some are very large. One example is Mexico's Giant Crystal Cave. To date, the largest crystal found there was over 39 feet in length and weighed 55 tons.
The cave was discovered at the bottom of a mine.
In popular culture, crystals play a number of roles. Jewelry made from gemstones has been a symbol of affluence and royalty since ancient times.
Some crystals were thought to have special powers. This is reflected in fiction as well. One example is the popular character Superman.
His weakness is a green crystal from his home planet called kryptonite. When kryptonite is nearby, Superman loses his ability to fly and his super strength.
Would you like to draw a dazzling set of crystals? If so, this easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is for you.
All you will need is a sheet of paper, a pencil, and a good eraser. You may also wish to use markers, crayons, colored pencils, or paints to shade your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Crystals
How to Draw a Great Looking Crystals for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a zigzag line. Use straight or slightly curved lines for each portion. This line will form the bottom of the crystal.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose a crystal. Do so using a series of connected, curved lines of various lengths. The figure will include part of the original zigzag line as its base.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 3
3. Outline the second crystal, again using connected, straight lines. Notice that this crystal is larger than the first.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a third crystal emerging from between the first two. Enclose the figure using a series of straight lines.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw another crystal. Notice how this crystal emerges at a different angle as compared to its predecessors. Use connected, straight lines of different lengths to enclose the figure.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw yet another crystal emerging from behind the others. Use several straight lines to enclose the figure.
Easy Crystals Drawing - Step 7
7. Now, you will begin to add detail to your crystal. To indicate facets, enclose an irregular pentagon in one crystal. Then, attach the corners of the pentagon to the outline of the crystal using straight lines. Below this crystal, enclose the remaining open space using small and large rectangles.
Add More Details to Your Crystals Picture - Step 8
8. Add the detail of facets to additional crystals. In the small crystal, enclose a shape at its tip, and draw a straight line running the length of the crystal. Do the same for the larger crystal, enclosing an additional shape at its base. Extend a few rectangles from the side of the crystal structure.
Complete the Outline of Your Crystals Drawing - Step 9
9. Add faceted detail to the remaining crystals. For each, enclose the tips and draw one or more lines running the length of the crystal. Use a hatching technique – short, straight, parallel lines – to give texture to the crystals.
Color Your Crystals Drawing
10. Color your crystals. Will they be clear like quartz, red like a ruby, or green like kryptonite? The choice is yours.
For more great Really Easy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw Really Easy Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Crystals Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).