Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Lips with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Lips.
From lovely anime characters to pin up girls (and many others in between), your female comics and cartoons may be in need of luscious, kissable lips. Pucker up as you learn how to draw cartoon lips.
This illustration consists of simple lines to form the lips. The upper lip is basically a thick, rounded "M" shape, and the lower lip is a "U" shape. The lips are parted slightly, leaving a "V" shaped gap in between.
Don't forget to color your lips. Most people's lips are naturally pink or brown. Lipstick may come in bright shades of red, pink, purple, tan, or other colors.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can apply the principles you've learned in this tutorial to characters known for their pouty or sultry lips. Check out the drawing guides below:
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Cartoon Lips
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Lips for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon lips outline by drawing a wide, rounded "V" shaped line. This point on the upper lip is called the tubercula.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 2
2. From the "V", extend a curved line, letting the lines overlap slightly. At the corner of the mouth, draw a short curved line.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend a curved line from the opposite side of the tubercula, creating a mirror image of the first.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 4
4. Above but not touching the lines of the upper lip, draw a long curved line. This forms the first half of the portion known as the Cupid's bow.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 5
5. Extend the line to complete the Cupid's bow. Notice again that the line does not meet the bottom of the upper lip.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a "V" shaped line spanning the bottom of the lip. This traces the opening of the mouth as well as the top of the lower lip.
Easy Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a wide "U" shaped line to trace the bottom of the lower lip. Notice that it does not quite meet the upper lip on either side.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Lips Picture - Step 8
8. Texture the upper lip with short curved lines. Concentrate these lips around the overlap at the bottom of the lip.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Lips Drawing - Step 9
9. Texture the lower lip with curved lines of various lengths. Center the lines near the top of the lip.
Color Your Cartoon Lips Drawing
Your cartoon lips are now complete. Shade them, either with natural skin tones or with bright and bold lipstick hues.
You can also draw a tube of lipstick to accompany these lips!
For more great easy human body drawing tutorials, see the collection of Easy Human Body Drawings for Kids.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Lips Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).