Learn how to draw a great looking Deku from My Hero Academia with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Deku from My Hero Academia.
"A smiling... dependable... cool hero... That's what I wanna be! That's why I'm giving it everything! For everyone!"
- Deku, My Hero Academia
Deku, the superhero alias of Izuku Midoriya, is the main protagonist of the anime and manga My Hero Academia.
Deku lives in a world where 80 percent of people manifest superpowers, called "Quirks," by age four.
He idolizes the Pro Hero All Might but has no Quirk of his own - that is, until he inherits All Might's power, "One for All."
This Quirk is unique in that it is passed on from one individual to another. Deku is the ninth holder of One for All.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
One for All allows Deku to "harness a stockpile of powerful energy." He can run fast and punch hard.
Would you like to draw Deku from My Hero Academia? This easy, step-by-step anime cartoon drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Deku from My Hero Academia
How to Draw a Great Looking Deku from My Hero Academia for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by using a long curved line to outline Deku's face. Note the bulges of the cheeks and chin. Then, draw two curved lines across the face - one vertical and one horizontal. The lines should cross at a perpendicular angle. These guide lines will help you place the features of the face.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 2
2. Enclose an ear on each side of the face using a curved line. Detail the insides of the ears with additional curved lines. Then, use the horizontal guide line to help you place the eyes. It should run through the center of the eyes. Outline the eyes with large "C" shaped lines. Draw a small oval to form each pupil. Around it, draw the "C" shaped iris using a long curved line and short straight lines. Draw thick curved lines for the eyebrows, and short lines to contour the furrowed brow. Using the vertical line as a guide, use curved lines to draw the nose, mouth, and dimple of the chin. Shade dots on each cheek to indicate freckles.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines from the face, and begin drawing the spiky manga hair. For each strand of hair, use a pair of curved lines that meet at a jagged point. Draw hair across the forehead and below the ears.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 4
4. Use pairs of curved lines to enclose the hair on top of the head. The irregular locks should stick out in all directions like the rays or corona of the sun.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase unnecessary lines from the hair. Then, Enclose the irregularly shaped collar of the garment using straight lines. Connect the collar to the head with a pair of lines, outlining the neck. Extend lines down from the collar, and connect them with straight lines. Embellish the collar with vertical lines and "C" shaped lines.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 6
6. Use straight lines to enclose irregular "L" shapes on the collar.
Easy Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines to enclose an irregular shape on each side of the collar; then, detail each shape with a curved line down the middle. Use long curved lines to outline the shoulders.
Add More Details to Your Deku from My Hero Academia Picture - Step 8
8. Detail the neck with hatching, and use curved lines to draw a semicircular shape behind the collar. Detail the folds and edges of the garment with curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing - Step 9
9. Use pairs of curved lines to outline the squared "C" shapes of the shoulder pads. Draw a small oval in each corner and a curved line down each arm.
Color Your Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing
Color your cartoon of Deku. He has light skin, green eyes, and dark green hair.
For more great anime drawing tutorials, see the 31 Easy Anime Art Projects for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Deku from My Hero Academia Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).