Learn how to draw a great looking Godzilla with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Godzilla.
Godzilla is today considered a pop culture icon. He has starred in more than 30 films, video games, books, and television shows. He has evolved from a metaphor for nuclear destruction to an antihero who instinctively defends the interests of humanity.
Did you know? Godzilla's name is a combination of two Japanese words meaning "gorilla" and "whale."
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the ferocious movie monster, Godzilla? This easy, step-by-step cartoon creature drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, a sheet of paper, and an eraser.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Godzilla
How to Draw a Great Looking Godzilla for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will help you to draw Godzilla’s head.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 2
2. Erase a portion of the circle to make way for Godzilla’s snout. Use curved lines to draw the roughly “W” shaped nose. Use curved lines and a small shaded oval to indicate the nostrils. Then, use a series of curved lines to draw the lower jaw. Note the jagged edge near the cheek.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 3
3. Detail the eyes and head, erasing as necessary. Connect short lines that meet at jagged points on top of the scaly head. Use curved lines to outline the brows. Then, enclose the irregular rounded shape of the eye. Use a “C” shaped line for the ear.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw several successively smaller circles within the eye. Shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil. Draw a curved line from the side of the upper jaw to the front of the lower jaw, outlining the inside of the mouth. Then, draw rounded triangular teeth along the edges of the mouth on both the upper and lower jaw.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a series of short, curved lines that meet at jagged points descending from the back of the head. This outlines the back of the neck. From there, draw a “U” shaped line, beginning the bent arm. Use curved lines that meet at points to draw the fingers or claws, and additional curved lines to outline the back of the hand. Draw a curved line across the tip of each finger to distinguish the sharp claw. Draw several “C” shaped lines on the arm to indicate scales.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw a long, curved line from the jaw to below the hand. Allow another curved line to overlap the first and extend further. Draw a third curved line descending from the arm. The latter lines form the leg. Connect the lines using a series of short lines that meet at points, forming the toes. Then, draw a curved line across each toe to distinguish the claw. Finally, draw “C” shaped lines in clusters all over the body, indicating scales.
Easy Godzilla Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw a series of overlapping curved lines to enclose the ribbed belly. Then, use curved lines to outline the arm, hand, leg, and toes. Don’t forget to band the pointed fingers and toes with a curved line, forming the claw. Draw “C” shaped scale clusters on the arm and leg.
Add More Details to Your Godzilla Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the long tail using curved lines that meet at a gentle point. Band the tail with curved lines that don’t go all the way across.
Complete the Outline of Your Godzilla Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw spikes on Godzilla’s tail and back. Use a series of curved lines of various lengths that meet at jagged points.
Color Your Godzilla Drawing
Color Godzilla. He is typically green or grey in color. Then, check out our other cartoon character drawing guides.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Godzilla Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).