Learn how to draw a great looking Harley Quinn with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Harley Quinn drawing.
"Face it, Harl, this stinks - yer a certified nutso wanted by the law in over a dozen states - and hopelessly in love with a murderous, psychopathic clown."
- Harley Quinn
Harley Quinn is a female super villain or antihero from the DC Comics Universe. She first appeared in Batman: The Animated Series in 1992. She made her comic book debut the following year.
Harley's full name is Harleen Frances Quinzel. Harley worked as a psychiatrist, where she met and fell in love with the Joker, who was a patient. She often teams up with other villains in groups such as the Gotham City Sirens or the Suicide Squad.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Harley's costume is based on that of a medieval court jester. Jesters entertained with comedy and tricks, and Harley's weapons often employ the same tactics.
Would you like to draw the villainous Harley Quinn? Now you can, with the help of this simple, step-by-step DC character drawing tutorial. All you will need is a piece of paper and a pen, pencil, or marker. You may also want to color your finished character.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Harley Quinn
How to Draw a Great Looking Harley Quinn for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Harley's face. Use curved lines draw the forehead, side of the face, and cheeks.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 2
2. Next, begin to draw Harley's costume. Extend curved lines from the side of the face and the front of the forehead. The lines should form a rounded, ovular shape, leaving an open space where they do not connect. Then, use a series of curved lines to sketch the "sleeve" of the hat. Note the bent triangular shape of the sleeve, as well as the curved lines that indicate folds in the fabric. Draw a circle at the end of the sleeve to indicate the bell.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 3
3. Use curved lines to sketch the bent triangular shape of the remaining sleeve. Draw short lines at the bend to indicate folded fabric, and a small circle at the tip to form the bell.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a curved line across the top of the cap, separating it into two colors. Then, use curved lines to sketch the butterfly shape of Harley's mask.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved "V" shaped line beneath the mask to indicate the nose. For each eye, enclose a double-pointed shape using curved lines. Within the shape, enclose three partial circles, each one smaller than the last. Shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Harley's mouth. Use curved lines to enclose her upper and lower lips. Notice how all the lines converge on one side of the mouth. Connect the lips with a short line, enclosing the teeth. Draw a short, curved line at the corner of the mouth to indicate the dimple of the cheek.
Easy Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw two short lines descending from the head, forming the neck. Then, connect these with a curved line. Allow the line to continue past the neck on each side, doubling back upon itself. This forms the collar of the garment.
Add More Details to Your Harley Quinn Picture - Step 8
8. Extend a long, curved line from one side of the collar, and loop it around in a scalloped pattern to meet the other side. This forms the wide collar of her jester costume.
Complete the Outline of Your Harley Quinn Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw curved lines extending from each side of the collar to indicate the shoulders. Draw a small circle at the tip of each scalloped lobe of the collar to indicate the bells.
Color Your Harley Quinn Drawing
Color Harley Quinn. She typically wears a costume of black and red.
Check out our selection of DC Comics superheroes and villains in our characters section.
Harley Quinn Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).