Learn how to draw a great looking Lucario with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Lucario drawing.
Lucario are extremely rare. They live in the mountains and hunt in packs. Lucario are prideful Pokémon but are also very loyal to their trainers.
Lucario has the ability to sense and manipulate "aura," energy put off by Pokémon and their trainers, using small organs on the back of its head. It can read the thoughts and feelings of others up to half a mile away.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw the doglike Lucario? This easy, step-by-step Pokémon drawing tutorial is here to help. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Lucario, I choose you!
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Lucario Pokémon
How to Draw a Great Looking Lucario for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a small circle to form Lucario’s head. Then, use three small lines to outline the bottom of the head and the pointed snout. Extend two short lines downward to form the neck.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a series of small, connected, “V” shaped lines along the neck and shoulders. Then, extend curved lines downward to outline the body. Notice how they diverge to form wide hips. Then, draw a curved line across the middle of the figure to separate the legs and abdomen.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a small “W” shaped line in the middle of the stomach, and attach it to the sides using curved lines. Extend a rounded, triangular shape from the middle of the chest, forming a horn. Enclose an irregular shape at the shoulder. From this, extend a long, curved line to outline the arm. Notice how the lines of the arm diverge progressively to form the clublike hand. Use short lines to separate the fingers, and band the arm with a jagged series of short, connected lines.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw the remaining arm. Enclose a curved shape at the shoulder. Then, extend a pair of curved lines to outline the shape of the arm. Band the arm with a “V” shaped line, and use short lines to differentiate the fingers.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Lucario’s ears. Enclose two tall triangles on top of her head using curved lines. Draw a rounded triangle on the back of each hand to form the protruding horns.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Lucario’s hair. Extend rounded, roughly teardrop shapes from the base of the head.
Easy Lucario Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from Lucario’s head and body.
Add More Details to Your Lucario Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Lucario’s tail using curved lines. Notice how it is bent in the middle and pointed at the tip. Then, draw the legs. Outline each leg using a series of curved lines. Notice the points at the ankle and ball of the foot. Enclose each foot using “U” shaped lines, indicating toes. Detail the knees using short, curved lines.
Complete the Outline of Your Lucario Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the face. Within each ear, draw a small triangle with an inverted “V” shaped base. Enclose the eye using curved lines; it is pointed at each end. Draw an oval within the eye, and shade a smaller oval within it, forming the iris and pupil. Draw a curved line across the bottom of the face, and a short line to indicate the mouth.
Color Your Lucario Drawing
10. Color Lucario. He is typically grey, blue, and and yellow in color.
Are you training to be the next Pokémon master? Learning to draw this and other fantastic Pokémon is a great place to start. Hone your skills with our selection of cartoon character drawing guides, where you'll discover Pikachu, Charizard, and many others. You might even find a few legendary Pokémon!
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Best Pokemon Drawing Tutorials post.
Lucario Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).