Learn how to draw a great looking Hot Chocolate with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial. You can now easily create a beautiful Hot Chocolate drawing.
Hot chocolate, sometimes called chocolate tea, drinking chocolate, or hot cocoa, has a long history. The first known chocolate beverage was created by the Mayan civilization as much as 3,000 years ago. By 1400 A.D., cocoa, called xocolatl, was integral to Aztec culture.
Chocolate drinks came to Europe after the "discovery" of the New World. It was a treat of the rich; a cup of chocolate at a cafe sold for the equivalent of 60 British pounds or 80 American dollars.
For many, a glass of hot chocolate just isn't complete without a topping of marshmallows. This candy was originally invented as a medical ointment and syrup. Its name was derived from the plant from whose roots it was made - the marsh mallow. People enjoyed marshmallow so much that it came to be sold as a candy. Today, the plant is no longer included in the recipe.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Did you know? In South and Central America, hot chocolate isn't always sweet. It is often flavored with ground chili peppers and other spices.
In popular culture, hot chocolate is viewed as a comfort food, often consumed during the colder months of the year. A yearly charity event in Nashville, Tennessee, United States is called the "Hot Chocolate Run." Participants run a foot race, and are rewarded with chocolatey treats.
The popular Shopkins collectible toy line has a number of hot chocolate themed characters, including Cuppa Cocoa and the Petkin Hot Choc.
Would you like to warm up with a steaming cup of hot chocolate? Drawing one is easier than ever, with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your drawing using markers, crayons, or colored pencils.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Hot Chocolate
How to Draw a Great Looking Hot Chocolate for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an oval. This will form the open top of the cup.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 2
2. Inside the oval, draw a curved line from one side to the other, following the curvature of the bottom of the oval. This indicates the lip, or top edge, of the cup. Then, draw a line from one of the outer sides of the oval to another. This line should extend downward, flattening, and forming the cup itself.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 3
3. Enclose an oval shape at the bottom of the cup, using a curved line. The oval should be partially eclipsed by the cup itself, forming the cup's base.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 4
4. Give the cup a handle. Draw two "C" shaped curved lines, parallel to one another, connecting to the outside of the cup. One line should be smaller than the other.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw a curved line within the mouth of the cup, following the curvature of the original oval's top edge. This indicates the liquid held in the cup.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 6
6. Next, draw marshmallows floating in the hot cocoa. For each marshmallow, enclose a small, irregular rounded shape. Then, draw short curved lines beneath each marshmallow to indicate ripples in the liquid.
Easy Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the marshmallows.
Add More Details to Your Hot Chocolate Picture - Step 8
8. Add detail to your drawing. Use curved lines of various lengths to indicate additional ripples in the liquid. Then, band the cup with parallel, diagonal curved lines, creating decorative stripes.
Complete the Outline of Your Hot Chocolate Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw steam rising from the hot beverage. Use curved lines of various lengths, snaking upward as they form loose "S" shapes. Enclose a few small, irregular shapes as well.
Color Your Hot Chocolate Drawing
10. Color your mug of hot chocolate. Get creative as you decorate your mug.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Drawing Ideas Art Projects for Kids post.
Hot Chocolate Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).