Learn how to draw a great looking Snowman with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial, plus FREE printable pages.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Snowman.
Who doesn’t love snowmen? They are friendly and happy, and you can make them in a variety of shapes.
There is something about them that always brings a smile to our faces. If you want to learn how to draw a snowman, then continue reading. I'll tell you everything you need to know about drawing one.
Follow along the step-by-step drawing directions as we show you how to draw a snowman complete with a carrot and a hat.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The tutorial starts with simple shapes, gradually moving towards more complicated details.
Even if it’s your first time drawing a snowman, these instructions will have you drawing like an expert in no time. It is easy and simple enough for both kids and beginners.
Easy Snowman Drawing: Simple Step by Step Directions
How to Draw a Great Looking Snowman for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing the snowman's head. Draw a curved horizontal triangle to create the carrot nose. Around it, use curved lines to outline the round head. Notice that the lines do not connect at the top. Then, shade two small ovals for the eyes made out of coal.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw a top hat on the snowman's head. Draw a curved line overlapping the sides of the head, and another to form the hat's brim. Finally, enclose the crown. Shade several small ovals to form the snowman's smiling mouth.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a curved line across the crown of the hat to indicate a hatband. Texture the carrot nose with short curved lines.
Then, use a long curved line to enclose the irregular shape of the scarf, and another for the round middle section of the body.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 4
4. Use a long curved line to enclose the round shape of the final section of the body. Then, draw the arm.
Use a pair of parallel curved lines to outline the stick. Then, draw a short curved line overlapping the ends of the arm. Draw an oval around the tip of the arm to begin sketching the mitten.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 5
5. Finish drawing the mitten. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to craft the hand, fingers, and thumb.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining arm, erasing as necessary. Draw a curved line across the body, forming the spot where the stick penetrates the snow.
Then, extend a pair of curved lines that are roughly parallel to one another. Notice how one line diverges then doubles back upon itself to form another twig of the stick. At the end, draw a short line that overlaps both lines.
Then, draw an oval around it to begin sketching the mitten.
Easy Snowman Drawing - Step 7
7. Finish the remaining mitten. Use overlapping curved lines to create the thumb and fingers. Then, texture the branches with curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Snowman Picture - Step 8
8. Continue drawing the scarf, erasing as necessary. Draw a curved rectangle to form the end of the scarf. Then, band the scarf with curved lines to create stripes.
Complete the Outline of Your Snowman Drawing - Step 9
9. Continue drawing stripes along the length of the scarf. Draw tassels at the end - small triangles with rounded corners. Then, draw the buttons using small ovals.
Color Your Snowman Drawing
Color your cartoon snowman.
For more great Things to draw tutorials, see the 100 Things to draw Ideas for Kids post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!