Learn how to draw a great looking Lemonade with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Lemonade.
Lemonade is a favorite summertime beverage. Popular culture - including the iconic Peanuts cartoons - often features children selling lemonade from roadside lemonade stands.
Different types of lemonade are common in different cultures. In North and South America, "cloudy" or "traditional lemonade" is a homemade recipe of lemon juice, water, and sugar.
In Australia and Britain, "clear lemonade," a carbonated beverage, is more common.
In Asia, traditional lemonades often include such ingredients as salt, spices, ginger, grated fruit, and mint leaves.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Other "ades" are made from fruits such as limes, oranges, and cherries.
Lemonade has actually been around for a very long time. Both lemons and sugarcane are native to India, and beverages of sweetened lemon water have been consumed there since time immemorial.
The first written account of lemonade dates from the year AD 1,000 in Egypt. By 1676, lemonade had become big business in Paris, France, where vendors dispensed the drink into cups from tanks they carried on their backs.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you a pencil and paper, draw lemonade! This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to help. Don't forget your crayons, markers, or colored pencils to color your finished drawing.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Lemonade
How to Draw a Great Looking Lemonade for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing two straight vertical lines. The lines should be parallel to one another, forming the sides of the glass.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 2
2. Connect the lines at the bottom using a curved line, and at the top using a flattened oval. This completes the outline of the glass.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a pair of narrowly spaced straight lines, parallel to one another, passing through the oval and into the glass. At the top of the lines, above the oval, draw two more straight lines connected to the first. These should also be parallel to one another, and connected to the first set of lines at a diagonal angle. Connect the lines at the end using a small oval. This forms a bendable straw. Then, draw curved lines along the top of the glass, just below the oval, to add detail.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a rectangle with rounded corners inside the glass. Draw a curved line from one corner to the other along its top side. This forms the liquid held inside the glass.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw two squares with rounded corners inside the liquid. Use curved lines to add texture to two sides of each square. These are the ice cubes that keep the lemonade cold.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two more squares with rounded corners, and detail the edges of each with curved lines. These form additional ice cubes.
Easy Lemonade Drawing - Step 7
7. Just below the top of the liquid, draw a short horizontal line. From this line, extend a pair of straight, parallel lines, passing behind ice cubes as necessary and keeping the same diagonal slant as the upper portion of the straw. Connect the lines at the bottom, completing the straw. Then, detail the liquid by drawing horizontal curved lines across the glass.
Add More Details to Your Lemonade Picture - Step 8
8. Next, draw a lemon perched on the edge of the glass. Extend straight lines outward from the sides of the glass, and connect them using a curved line, forming a half circle shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Lemonade Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail the lemon. Draw triangles with rounded points within the slice to indicate the sections, called supremes. Use two lines to outline the portion of the lemon that can be seen through the glass.
Color Your Lemonade Drawing
Color your lemonade. Plain lemonade is pale yellow in color, but flavored lemonades are often pink.
For more great Drawing Ideas tutorials, see the 100 Best Drawing Ideas Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Lemonade Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).