Learn how to draw a great looking Mew with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Mew.
Mew is a catlike psychic-type Pokémon of Generation 1. Mew debuted in the 1998 film Pokémon: The First Movie, also called Mewtwo Strikes Back.
Though mammalian in form, Mew has the ability to float or move freely in both air and water.
Mew is not known to “evolve,” or grow, into any other type of Pokémon. Its rival Mewtwo was cloned from one of Mew’s eyelashes.
What are Pokémon? These fantastic creatures, ranging from the cute to the ferocious, were the brainchild of Satoshi Tajiri.
The inspiration for these “pocket monsters” arose from Tajiri’s childhood hobby of insect collecting.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
The first Pokémon video game was created for use with the Game Boy system in 1996. Its success in Japan quickly spread throughout the world, and a cartoon series, card game, and other merchandise soon followed.
In the game, Pokémon “trainers” collect the animals from the wild, tame them, and prepare them to battle other Pokémon.
Uniquely, the Pokémon can be stored in small containers called pokéballs and brought forth at will, similar to the concept of a genie in a lamp.
As a legendary Pokémon, Mew is rarely seen, both in the games and in the animated series. It is said that Mew’s DNA contains that of every other Pokémon, giving it the unique ability to learn any fighting move.
Mew can also make itself invisible, adding to its mystique. It only reveals itself to those who are “pure in heart.”
Would you like to draw an adorable Mew? You can when you train hard with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing tutorial.
All you will need is a sheet of paper, a pencil, and an eraser. You may wish to color your finished drawing.
Mew, I choose you!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Mew
How to Draw a Great Looking Mew for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing an overlapping circle and oval. These shapes will help you outline Mew’s face.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Mew’s ears by enclosing a rounded triangle on each side of the head. Draw the curve of Mew’s nose beneath the oval, and indicate the neck using two short lines.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 3
3. Erase the guide lines from Mew’s face.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin to sketch Mew’s body by drawing two overlapping circles beneath the neck.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 5
5. Connect the circles using a curved line. Then, sketch the leg. Draw the knee and upper leg using a circular curved line. Enclose the foot using two long lines, and “U” shaped lines to indicate the toes.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the remaining leg. Use a long, “J” shaped line to form the back and upper leg. Enclose the foot using two long lines and several “U” shaped lines to indicate the toes.
Easy Mew Drawing - Step 7
7. Erase guide lines from the body. Notice that portions of the circles remain, adding detail to the body.
Add More Details to Your Mew Picture - Step 8
8. Draw Mew’s arms. Use two curved lines to outline each arm, and short lines that meet in triangular points to form the fingers. Then sketch Mew’s long tail. Use two long, sweeping, parallel curved lines. Enclose an oblong shape at the end of the tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Mew Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw Mew’s eyes. Each eye is roughly teardrop shaped. Draw a curved line across each eye, and a small oval within the pupil. Add depth by drawing a short, curved line above each eye.
Color Your Mew Drawing
10. Color Mew. He is usually depicted as being light purple or pink in color.
For more great Pokemon drawing tutorials, see the 18 Cute Pokemon Designs post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Mew Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).