Learn how to draw a great looking Moana with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Moana.
“Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface… Far beneath, in some cases.”
Disney's animated film Moana follows the story of a young Polynesian girl who must set sail to bring a relic to an ancient goddess and restore safety to her people.
Did you know? "Moana" means "deep water" in the Samoan language. Moana was also the title of a 1926 film chronicling life in the villages of the South Sea islands. This was the first film to be called a "documentary." It has since been labeled as "docufiction," as locals were in some cases cast to play certain roles.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw Moana? This easy, step-by-step Disney character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Moana
How to Draw a Great Looking Moana for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Moana's face, neck, and hair. Use a long, curved line to sketch the forehead, cheeks, and chin. Enclose the top of the head with a series of short, curved lines, indicating the hairline. Then, draw wavy vertical lines to form the hair. Finally, extend two curved lines downward to form the neck.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw Moana's necklace. Draw small circles to form the beads, and connect them using short lines. Draw a large circle at the bottom of the necklace, and decorate it with a series of curved lines. Then, draw Moana's blouse. Use curved lines to draw an irregular quadrilateral, a curved, four-sided shape. Draw a curved line across the top of the garment and a wavy line across the bottom.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Moana's arm. Outline the arm by extending long, curved lines from the neck and blouse. Enclose fingers using "U" shaped lines.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 4
4. Sketch the remaining arm. Again, extend long, curved lines from the neck and blouse. This time, the lines should take on a rounded "V" shape, as Moana's arm is bent and her hand is on her hip. Enclose the fingers using narrow "U" shaped lines. Draw additional wavy lines of hair crossing the shoulder and arm.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw the top of Moana's skirt. Connect the hand and blouse with a short line, then draw several curved lines from the hand to the opposite arm. Draw a pair of lines descending from the top of the skirt, and connect them with a short line.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the bottom portion of Moana's skirt. Draw three lines descending from the top of the skirt, forming a triangle on one side and a parallelogram on the other. Decorate the skirt with inverted triangles, and draw a cross hatching pattern across the larger triangles. Decorate the bottom of the skirt with wavy lines.
Easy Moana Drawing - Step 7
7. Continue to draw Moana's full, wavy hair with a series of wavy, curved lines.
Add More Details to Your Moana Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long, wavy line to complete the hair, completely enclosing the figure. Then, decorate the blouse. Band it with curved lines and a starburst pattern.
Complete the Outline of Your Moana Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Moana's face. Use curved lines to enclose the eyebrows, sharply pointed on one end. Enclose the irregular, curved shape of the eyes, heavily shading the top line. Draw three circles within one another, and shade between the two smallest, indicating the pupil. Use curved lines to craft the nose and mouth.
Color Your Moana Drawing
Color Moana. She typically has tan skin, brown eyes, dark hair, and a colorful outfit.
For more great People drawing tutorials, see the 51 Easy to Draw People Drawing Tutorials post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Moana Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).