Learn how to draw a great looking Stitch from Lilo and Stitch with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Stitch from Lilo and Stitch.
"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. It's little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."
-Stitch, Lilo and Stitch
When the young girl Lilo adopts a strange-looking dog into her Hawaiian island home, she gets much more than she bargains for.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
When Stitch's behavior goes from bad to worse, Lilo discovers that Stitch is actually an alien genetic experiment, and a fugitive.
Her family and friends are soon caught up in the dangerous chase.
What is Stitch? According to Jumba, he is "the first of a new species... He is fireproof, bulletproof, and can think faster than a supercomputer.
He can see in the dark, and lift objects three thousand times his size!"
Stitch also has the unique ability to retract his antennae, spikes, and a second set of arms. This allows him to fit in - sort of - on the planet earth.
Did you know? Stitch was originally created in 1985 for a children's book that was never published. Work on the film began in 1997.
Would you like to draw Stitch? This easy, step-by-step drawing guide is here to help.
All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Stitch from Lilo and Stitch
How to Draw a Great Looking Stitch from Lilo and Stitch for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will form Stitch's head.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a long curved line to enclose an irregular peanut shape beneath the head. This forms Stitch's body.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 3
3. Use a long curved line to enclose a smaller shape parallel to the outline of Stitch's body. This forms his light underbelly. Indicate the presence of fur by drawing a series of small, curved "V" shaped lines on the chest.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Stitch's arm. Use a pair of curved lines to sketch his upper arm, and another pair for the lower arm. Then, use shorter curved lines to sketch his bent hand and fingers. At the tips of the fingers, draw small, sharp triangles to indicate claws.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase the guide lines from Stitch's arm.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Stitch's outstretched arm. Use a pair of curved lines for the arm and small "C" shaped lines for the fingers. Connect them to each other and to the hand using short lines. Draw a sharp, triangular claw at the tip of each finger.
Easy Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Stitch's legs. Use a pair of curved lines to craft each leg. Then, use "C" shaped lines to enclose the toes.
Add More Details to Your Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Picture - Step 8
8. Use long curved lines to sketch Stitch's ears. Notice that each ear has a "V" shaped notch. Use short curved lines to indicate the fold and the base of the ears. Then, use a series of curved lines and lines that meet at points to sketch fur or hair on top of Stitch's head. Erase guide lines as necessary.
Complete the Outline of Your Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing - Step 9
9. Detail Stitch's face, erasing guide lines as necessary. Draw a large circle for the nose, using curved lines to indicate the nostrils. For the eyes, draw three successively smaller, irregular rounded shapes, one within the other. Draw curved lines above the eyes and nose. Use two long curved lines for the mouth, detailed by small curved lines at the corners. Draw small blunt triangles to indicate the teeth.
Color Your Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing
Color Stitch. He is typically shaded in various blue hues.
Then, head on over to our character drawing guides, where you'll find Stitch's friend Lilo and other fun Disney characters to draw.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Stitch from Lilo and Stitch Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).