Draw a great looking Dallas Cowboys Logo with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions and video tutorial. Great for kids and beginner artists!
They began playing in 1960, and by 2015, Forbes magazine named them the most valuable sports team in the world. They hold a record of 20 straight winning seasons.
The logo of the Dallas Cowboys is a blue star, representing Texas' nickname, "The Lone Star State." The football players wear this logo on their helmets. Their uniforms are either white with blue lettering or blue with white lettering.
They use these different color styles depending on whether they are playing home or away games.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the Dallas Cowboys logo? This easy, step-by-step cartoon logo drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to color your finished drawing.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Dallas Cowboys Logo
1. Begin by using ten straight lines to enclose a five-pointed star. The arms of the star should resemble a triangle, with each connected to the others at its base.
2. Use straight lines to draw another, slightly smaller, star inside the first and parallel to it.
Did you know? The original Cowboys logo was a solid star. The double border was added later.
3. Draw a third five-pointed star inside the previous stars.
4. Begin writing the team name. Use straight and curved lines to outline the bold letter “C.” Notice that the letter is in a serif font, with a rectangle adorning the top end of the letter.
5. Draw the letter “O,” a rectangle with rounded corners inside a blunt oval. Then, begin drawing the letter “W.” Notice that this arm of the “W” also has a rectangular shape at the top.
6. Continue drawing the “W.” Use straight lines and “V” shaped lines, noting the rectangular shapes at the top. Notice, too, that the final rectangle remains open on one side.
7. Draw the letter “B,” connected at the top to the letter “W.” Draw the letter using straight and curved lines. Draw narrow half-oval shapes within the lobes of the letter. Then, draw another letter “O,” again using a blunted oval with a corner-rounded rectangle inside it.
8. Draw the letter “Y” using straight lines. Notice the rectangular shapes at its base and at the top of each arm.
9. Draw the letter “S,” completing the word “COWBOYS.” Note the rectangular shapes at each end of the letter.
Color your cartoon of this NFL team logo. It is typically white, silver, and dark blue.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).