Learn how to draw a great looking Death Star from Star Wars with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Death Star from Star Wars.
"Little does Luke know that the GALACTIC EMPIRE has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded DEATH STAR.
When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of rebels struggling to restore freedom to the galaxy..."
- Opening screen crawl, Star Wars: Episode 6 - Return of the Jedi
Star Wars fans first glimpsed the dreaded Death Star in 1977, alongside Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, and Chewbacca.
"He's headed for that small moon," Luke said of a derelict TIE fighter. "That's no moon," Obi-Wan corrected. "It's a space station." Han could hardly believe that a space station could be so large.
Of course, Princess Leia Organa had already been introduced to the destructive power of the Death Star.
A prisoner on the craft itself, she was forced to watch as the Death Star destroyed her home planet of Alderaan - the price she paid for keeping the stolen Death Star plans out of Darth Vader's hands.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Luke soon brought the weapon to an end, piloting his X-wing starfighter through its trenches in order to fire proton torpedoes into an exhaust port.
We've learned even more about the Death Star in the years since the original trilogy. Technically termed the DS-1 Orbital Battle Station, the Death Star was designed by the Geonosians just before the outbreak of the Clone Wars. Its superlaser is fueled by kyber crystals, the same crystals used in Jedi weapons.
How large was the Death Star? It had a diameter of 100 miles (160 kilometers) and housed 357 floors or levels.
The second Death Star was even larger at 200 kilometers in diameter and 560 internal levels. This second station was destroyed near the moon of Endor.
Would you like to draw your very own Death Star? This easy, step-by-step Star Wars drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Death Star from Star Wars
How to Draw a Great Looking Death Star from Star Wars for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a circle. This will outline the Death Star.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw two parallel, curved lines across the Death Star, just above its middle. This forms the equatorial trench.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw a circle within a circle in the upper portion of the Death Star. This is the super laser focus lens.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw a smaller circle within the super laser focus lens. Then, connect this circle to the outside disk using curved lines.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw numerous parallel, curved lines across the top half of the Death Star.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw short curved lines between the horizontal lines. Then, draw narrow rectangles along some of the panels.
Easy Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw curved, horizontal, parallel lines across the bottom half of the Death Star.
Add More Details to Your Death Star from Star Wars Picture - Step 8
8. Draw short lines near each end of the equatorial trench. Erase the lines of the original circle that cap the ends of the trench. Then, shade the trench.
Complete the Outline of Your Death Star from Star Wars Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw short, curved lines between the horizontal lines on the bottom half of the Death Star. Then, sketch narrow, horizontal rectangles on some of the panels.
Color Your Death Star from Star Wars Drawing
Color your Death Star. It is typically various shades of grey.
The Force is strong with this one. Recruit your Jedi forces from our character drawing guides so that you, too, can take on the Empire.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Death Star from Star Wars Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).