Learn how to draw a great looking Taj Mahal with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Taj Mahal.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
The Taj Mahal is one of the most famous buildings in the world. In 1632, an emperor built the Taj Mahal to honor his wife after she passed away.
It took 32 million rupees to build the Taj Mahal, which is about 70 billion rupees (or nearly a billion U.S. dollars) in today's currency. The Taj Mahal is made of mortar, sandstone and marble with lots of engravings.
People travel from all over the world to visit the Taj Mahal. You might not be able to visit the Taj Mahal in real life, but you can use this guide to draw a cartoon Taj Mahal at home.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Use pencils to draw your cartoon Taj Mahal, then outline it with a black colored pencil or black pen.
This guide teaches you how to draw the entire building, complete with doorways, walkways, shrubs and decorations.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: The Golden Gate Bridge, Museum, and The Sphinx.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing the Taj Mahal
How to Draw a Great Looking Taj Mahal for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. In the center of the page, draw three rectangles, then draw another rectangle in the middle structure. Use straight lines underneath the rectangles to form the base. On top of the middle rectangle, use two sweeping, curved lines to create the dome. Draw parallel curved lines inside the dome to add some decoration.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw another rectangle inside the middle structure, then use straight and curved lines to create the doorway.
Sketch two rectangles inside the structures to the right and left. On the top of the dome, use circles, curved lines and a teardrop shape to create the sculpture on top. Draw curved lines like flower petals near the base of the dome.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 3
3. Sketch two sets of straight lines on either side of the building, then use diagonal lines to add some perspective. Add small domes on top with straight lines pointing upward like a needle. In the center of the building, draw another rectangle with two curved lines and fill in the doorway.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 4
4. On each side, draw two identical domes with two circles on the top. Use straight lines that form a triangle at the end to make the base, then add straight lines to connect the domes to the building.
Fill in three smaller domed shapes at the bottom of each structure.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 5
5. Continue adding domed shapes in each of the rectangles. Fill in rectangles in the first two structures to make the doorways. On top of the last buildings that you drew, draw a square and add straight lines to create depth.
Sketch identical triangle lines on either side of the building. Draw narrow rectangles with a base, then draw two more diagonal lines on top.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 6
6. Repeat the last to make a third level on each structure. On top, draw an elongated hexagon with a line through the middle.
Make two more straight lines, fill in the domes, then add another base and draw a dome on top. Use two black circles for the sculptures on top of each dome.
Easy Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 7
7. Repeat 6, but make the structures smaller to show that they're farther away. Don't draw the domes on top of these structures just yet.
Add More Details to Your Taj Mahal Picture - Step 8
8. Add the domes, then draw several hill shapes at the base of the building. Draw a rectangle at the bottom, then use diagonal lines to make the walkway look like it's coming toward you.
Complete the Outline of Your Taj Mahal Drawing - Step 9
9. Use squiggly lines to draw the clouds and shrubs. Draw two more diagonal lines and one curved line on the walkway.
Color Your Taj Mahal Drawing
You've completed your cartoon Taj Mahal! To make it true to life, use light yellow or tan to add the shadows. The Taj Mahal is white in real life. Use green to color in the shrubs.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Taj Mahal Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).