Learn how to draw a great looking Thor's Hammer with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Thor's Hammer.
Thor is a "deity common to all the early Germanic peoples, a great warrior represented as a red-bearded, middle-aged man of enormous strength."
He was a benevolent god, kind to humankind. His name meant "thunder," and his hammer, called Mjollnir, represented thunder and lightning. The hammer would return to Thor like a boomerang when thrown.
In one Norse myth, Thor's hammer was stolen by a giant named Thrym. Thrym held the hammer for ransom; in exchange, he wanted to marry the goddess Freyja.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
When she refused, Thor disguised himself as the goddess and stole his hammer back from the giant when it was brought out to be used in the wedding ceremony.
He then killed all the giants using the hammer. In another myth, Thor is unable to crush the head of a giant serpent using his hammer.
In ancient times, Thor was the most widely worshipped god in Europe. Through the centuries, he has been depicted in carvings, paintings, and fictional stories.
Today, he is most well known through mentions in the children's film How to Train Your Dragon (2010) and as a Marvel Comics character. The character of Thor Odinson was developed by comic book writer Stan Lee during the 1960s.
His hammer is a popular feature or merchandise; renditions of it can be found in many children's toys.
Some people, too, still practice the ancient Norse religion. Some wear a pendant of Thor's hammer as a symbol of their faith.
Did you know? The word "Thursday" literally means "Thor's day." It was originally named for the Roman god Jupiter, whom Thor parallels.
Would you like to draw Thor's hammer? This easy, step-by-step drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You may also wish to use crayons, markers, or something else to color your finished picture.
Step by Step Instructions for Drawing Thor's Hammer
How to Draw a Great Looking Thor's Hammer for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by drawing a rectangle, slanted diagonally. This forms the cheek, or side, of the hammer's head. From the top corners of the rectangle, extend two short lines. Connect these using a straight line. This forms the top of the hammer, giving it a three-dimensional, cube-like appearance.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 2
2. Draw short lines extending from all three corners on one side of the hammer. Connect these using straight lines. This forms one of the hammer's two faces.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 3
3. Extend short straight lines from all three of the corners on the opposite side of the hammer. Connect these using straight lines, forming the hammer's second face.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 4
4. To form the eye of the hammer, draw an oval overlapping the top of the hammer. Draw a short straight line descending from each end of the oval. Connect these lines using a curved line.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 5
5. Erase guide lines from the hammer.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw two long, straight, parallel lines descending from the hammer. Connect these at the bottom using a short curved line. This forms the handle of the hammer.
Easy Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 7
7. Decorate and detail the hammer's handle. Draw a curved line across the handle near the tip. Then, band the handle with "V" shaped lines from the tip to the hammer head.
Add More Details to Your Thor's Hammer Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the loop at the end of the handle. Begin by drawing a teardrop shape.
Complete the Outline of Your Thor's Hammer Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a smaller teardrop shape within the first, completing the loop.
Color Your Thor's Hammer Drawing
Color Thor's hammer.
We hope that this drawing guide made you feel super. You'll find plenty of other superhero drawing guides in our Characters from Cartoons and Comics section.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Thor's Hammer Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).