Learn how to draw a great looking Tweety Bird with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Tweety Bird.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
"I tawt I taw a puddy tat! I did! I did taw a puddy tat!"
- Tweety Bird
Tweety Bird first appeared onscreen in 1941. By 1949, Tweety's backstory was complete. He was owned by the protective Granny, along with a bulldog named Hector or Spike. Tweety was no longer a wild bird living in a tree. Tweety often faces off against Sylvester the cat, who desires to eat the small bird.
Did you know? Tweety Bird's original name was Orson. This lasted for only one cartoon, however; by the second, Tweety had already been crowned with his familiar moniker.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Tweety is one of the most iconic Looney Tunes characters. Tweety cartoons have won major awards, such as an Academy Award in 1947. Today, Tweety Bird can be found on a large amount of merchandise, from school supplies and t-shirts to watches, jewelry, and home decor.
Would you like to draw Tweety Bird? This easy, step-by-step Looney Tunes character drawing guide is here to show you how. All you will need is a pencil, an eraser, and a sheet of paper. You'll also want a yellow crayon, marker, or colored pencil to shade your finished drawing.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Donald Duck, Piglet, and Pigeon.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Tweety Bird
How to Draw a Great Looking Tweety Bird for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Tweety Bird's head. Use a long curved line for the top of the head, and shorter curved lines to sketch the cheeks and neck.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 2
2. Use curved lines to sketch Tweety's teardrop-shaped body, leaving an opening at the bottom. Enclose the figure by drawing the rounded tops of the legs, using curved lines.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw Tweety's arm or wing, erasing as necessary. Use two parallel lines to sketch the shape of the arm. Then, use narrow "U" shaped lines to enclose the fingers and thumb. Draw an inverted "V" shaped line on the chest to indicate a tuft of feathers.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw Tweety's remaining wing or arm. Use two curved lines to outline the arm. Then, use narrow "U" shaped lines to outline each of the fingers.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 5
5. Use two curved lines to enclose Tweety's tail. It is teardrop-shaped and pointed at the end.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Tweety's large foot. Extend a long, curved line from the body, and curve it upward, doubling back upon itself. Then, extend a second line to meet the first, overlapping one another. This overlap distinguishes the toes.
Easy Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 7
7. Draw Tweety's remaining foot. Extend a long, curved line from the body and double it back upon itself. Extend a second line to meet it, allowing the two to overlap.
Add More Details to Your Tweety Bird Picture - Step 8
8. Begin to detail Tweety's face. Draw two short, straight, horizontal lines in the middle of the face. These form the bottom of the eyes. Draw a large, inverted "U" shaped line above each, enclosing the rounded shape of the eye. Draw short curved lines from the top of the eyes to indicate eyelashes. Use additional curved lines to form the eyebrows. Finally, draw curved lines from the top of the head to simulate a tuft of feathers.
Complete the Outline of Your Tweety Bird Drawing - Step 9
9. Complete Tweety Bird's face. Draw three successively smaller ovals within each eye, shading between the two smallest. This forms the pupil. Use curved lines to form the double-pointed shape of the beak, and draw a line down the middle.
Color Your Tweety Bird Drawing
Color the yellow Tweety Bird.
You can learn to draw all of your favorite cartoon characters!
For more great Bird drawing tutorials, see the 41 Easy and Fun Bird Drawing Ideas post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tweety Bird Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).