Learn how to draw a great looking Zeus with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a beautiful Zeus.
Jump to the step-by-step instructions.
Zeus was the chief god or deity of the ancient Greek mythological pantheon.
He was considered the lord of the sky and weather, the sender of thunder, lightning, rain, and winds.
He was also considered the father of men and other gods.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
His weapon of choice was a thunderbolt, which he would throw from his hand.
Zeus is the same as Jupiter in the Roman mythological canon.
According to the Encyclopedia Britannica, "His name clearly comes from that of the sky god Dyaus of the ancient Hindu Rigveda."
Even since the days of legend, Zeus has often figured in popular culture.
In some versions of the DC Comics universe, Zeus is the father of the superhero Wonder Woman.
He also featured prominently in the Disney animated film Hercules, as well as Clash of the Titans and the Percy Jackson series.
Zeus as a bull, his mythological disguise, can be seen on modern Greek coins.
Would you like to draw a cartoon of the mythical Zeus?
This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how.
All you will need is a pen, pencil, or marker and a sheet of paper.
If you liked this tutorial, see also the following drawing guides: Wonder Woman, Poseidon, and Centaur.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing Zeus
How to Draw a Great Looking Zeus for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin by sketching Zeus's eyes and nose. Use a curved line to sketch the nose and the side of one eye. Draw a short curved line beneath each eye, and enclose the eye using a second curved line. Contour the eyelid with a curved line and enclose two circles within each eye. Shade between them to indicate the pupil.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 2
2. Continue sketching the face and hair. Use a series of connected "U" shaped lines to outline the fluffy hair. Use two curved lines, connected at a point on each end, to draw the brow above each eye. Use curved lines to sketch the side of the face.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 3
3. Continue the series of "U" shaped lines to enclose Zeus's beard. Note the area enclosed inside the beard - the mouth. Use curved lines to outline the smiling mouth and contour the chin. Use a partial circle to outline the ear, and detail the inside of it with curved lines.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 4
4. Begin to sketch Zeus's torso and garments. Use logo, curved lines to outline the toga and to detail the folds of fabric. Use additional curved lines to outline the muscles of the chest.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 5
5. Draw Zeus's muscular arm. Use curved lines to sketch the shoulder muscles, upper arm, lower arm, and hand. Note the lines within the arm that contour the muscles.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw Zeus's remaining arm. Use curved lines to sketch the bulging biceps muscles, the bottom of the upper arm, the lower arm, the base of the hand, and the thumb.
Easy Zeus Drawing - Step 7
7. Use straight lines to create the zigzag pattern of a lightning bolt in Zeus's hand. Then, draw several overlapping ovals to indicate his fingers curled around it.
Add More Details to Your Zeus Picture - Step 8
8. Draw a circle below the chest to indicate the belt buckle. Give it a three-dimensional appearance by drawing a curved line around one side. Then, use parallel curved lines to draw the belt itself. Connect the lines with short lines on each end. Extend additional curved lines beneath the belt to indicate the sides of the garment, and more lines to texture the folds of the cloth.
Complete the Outline of Your Zeus Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw a horizontal straight line beneath the character. Then, enclose a shape using a series of overlapping spiral and "U" shaped lines. This cloud should appear to cover Zeus's feet.
Color Your Zeus Drawing
Color Zeus. Then, check out our cartoon character drawing guides to fill the ranks of Mount Olympus.
For more great Fantasy drawing tutorials, see the 51 Step-by-Step Fantasy Drawing Guides post.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Zeus Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Learn how to get access to thousands of printable pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).