Learn how to draw a great looking Cartoon Bear with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Cartoon Bear.
Hey, hey, Boo-boo! Bears have graced cartoons for as long as cartoons have been around. You can follow easy steps to learn how to draw a cartoon bear.
This cartoon bear uses smoother lines to capture the essence of what a bear looks like. It walks on four legs, has tall hips and shoulders, and has a large head. It also has an abundance of fur.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
You can compare the cartoon bear to this realistic grizzly bear drawing. Do you notice how the jagged lines make the grizzly bear look furrier? Also, the cartoon bear's eyes are larger, giving it a friendly appearance.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Cartoon Bear
How to Draw a Great Looking Cartoon Bear for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the cartoon bear outline by drawing its face. Start with a rounded triangle for the nose. Draw a curved line on top of it, then two more beside it for the cheeks.
Enclose a partial oval on top of each cheek to form the eyes. Enclose a smaller oval inside each eye. Then, draw a teardrop shape above each eye to suggest the eyebrows.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 2
2. Use a series of curved lines to draw the smiling mouth, the chin, and the outline of the face.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 3
3. Use “C” shaped lines to enclose the ears on the top of the head. Contour each ear with a curved line.
Extend curved lines from the side of the head and below the cheeks. Draw several short lines below each of these lines to give the chest a furry texture.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 4
4. Extend a long curved line from the side of the neck, then draw another to create a “Y” shape. This outlines the bear’s chest and the front of one leg.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 5
5. Use a series of overlapping curved lines to draw the toes and the back of the foreleg, as well as the belly.
Notice the “U” shaped lines that lend a furry texture to the elbow. Shade a curved teardrop shape at the tip of each toe. These are the bear’s claws.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 6
6. Draw the bear’s other forepaw, raised in midstep. Use overlapping curved lines, then shade teardrop-shaped claws at the tip of each toe.
Easy Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 7
7. Use a long curved line for the back of the rear leg, and short, overlapping curved lines for the toes. Shade a curved teardrop-shaped claw at the tip of each toe.
Add More Details to Your Cartoon Bear Picture - Step 8
8. Use a long curved line to finish enclosing the bear’s body. Then, use a small “C” shaped line to enclose its tail.
Complete the Outline of Your Cartoon Bear Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the remaining leg and paw. Use overlapping curved lines and curved teardrop shapes for the claws.
Color Your Cartoon Bear Drawing
Your cartoon bear outline is now complete. Color your cute character.
Bears come in many different colors - black bears, light and dark brown bears, and white polar bears, for example. Some bears are black with brown or blonde markings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Cartoon Bear Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).