Learn how to draw a great looking Easy Shark for Kids with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Easy Shark for Kids.
This easy shark for kids drawing is great for children and beginner artists of all ages. When you draw this shark, you will increase your drawing skills and your confidence.
This shark is made up of simple lines and shapes. Long lines make up the shark's body, while its mouth, teeth, and fins are all triangle-shaped.
If you look closely at our example, you can also practice your shading skills when you color your shark. There is no line across the shark's belly, but we've given ours a belly that is lighter than the rest of its body. Why?
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Because that is the pattern seen on real sharks. Their bellies are lighter and their backs are darker in order to camouflage them in the water.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Shark for Kids
How to Draw a Great Looking Easy Shark for Kids for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Begin the easy shark outline by drawing a series of curved lines that meet at gentle points. Draw a long curved line for the shark's back. At one end, draw a shorter curved line meeting it to form the shark's nose. At the other, draw two curved lines that meet at a point, forming the top of the tail.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 2
2. Finish the tail, using two curved lines that meet at a point to draw the triangular shape. From the base of the tail, extend the long curved line that forms the shark's stomach.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 3
3. Fill the gap in the shark's body with a "V" shaped line, enclosing the outline and forming the open mouth.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 4
4. Draw two curved lines above the mouth to form the shark's eye ridge. Below the lower line, enclose a partial oval. Shade a smaller oval within it.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 5
5. Use pairs of curved lines to draw the triangular teeth inside the shark's mouth.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 6
6. Finish drawing the triangular teeth along the shark's lower jaw.
Easy Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 7
7. Use curved lines that meet at a point to draw the triangle-shaped dorsal fin on the shark's back. Then, draw three parallel curved lines beside the mouth. These are the shark's gills.
Add More Details to Your Easy Shark for Kids Picture - Step 8
8. Draw the pectoral fin, erasing as necessary. Use a series of curved lines, noting that this triangular fin has an extra point.
Complete the Outline of Your Easy Shark for Kids Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw the rear dorsal fin on the shark's back and the anal fin on its belly, creating a small triangle for each.
Color Your Easy Shark for Kids Drawing
Your shark outline is now complete. Color your cartoon shark. Most sharks are gray in color - darker on top and lighter on the bottom.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Simple Sealife Art Projects.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Easy Shark for Kids Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).