Learn how to draw a great looking Tiger Shark with easy, step-by-step drawing instructions, and video tutorial.
By following the simple steps, you too can easily draw a perfect Tiger Shark.
Tiger sharks are fierce hunters that live in the ocean. Learn how to draw a tiger shark with your favorite coloring tools.
Tiger sharks are one of the biggest shark species in the world. They'll eat just about anything, including seals and sea turtles. Tiger sharks get their name from the stripes on their back that resemble a tiger's fur.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
This guide recommends using a combination of thin and thick lines to draw your shark. You could outline your drawing with a pen, marker or calligraphy brush that helps you vary the line thicknesses.
After practicing realism, you try another art style with this cartoon shark drawing guide.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing a Tiger Shark
How to Draw a Great Looking Tiger Shark for Kids, Beginners, and Adults - Step 1
1. Use thick lines to draw a narrow, uneven arrow pointing to the left. Sketch a circle with another circle inside it for the eye.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 2
2. Outline the top of the body with a curve like a flat ocean wave. Sketch a loop for the nostril, then add another curve for the jaw.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 3
3. Draw the fin with a narrow triangle with a bump on the right. Outline the underside of the body with a horizontal curve.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 4
4. Add two more triangles for the left and back fins. Make a curved line pointing up toward the tail.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 5
5. Sketch another triangle with a deep curve on the right for your cartoon tiger shark's top fin. Draw a tall line with two triangles on the end to start the tail.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 6
6. Make a long vertical curve that ends in a narrow triangle that connects to the body. Add another triangle next to the tail. Use dashes for the gills.
Easy Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 7
7. Sketch curved lines on your tiger shark's face and underside for added dimension. Use round triangles and ovals for the markings.
Add More Details to Your Tiger Shark Picture - Step 8
8. Add more uneven shapes for your cartoon tiger shark's spots. Sketch ovals and teardrop shapes like water dripping off the shark's back.
Complete the Outline of Your Tiger Shark Drawing - Step 9
9. Draw more shapes on the top fin and near the tail.
Color Your Tiger Shark Drawing
Outline your cartoon tiger shark with black ink, then color the body with muted brown and reddish-brown. Try to blend the brown shades together with a colored pencil for added realism. Use darker brown for the markings.
Use black and white for the eye and gray for the underside of the body. For added detail, add a blue background so that your tiger shark can swim in the ocean.
For more great sealife drawing tutorials, see the collection of Step-by-Step Sealife Drawings.
Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Tiger Shark Drawing Tutorial - Easy & Fun Printable Pages
Join now and get immediate access to thousands of printable drawing instruction and practice pages!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).