Click HERE to save the tutorial to Pinterest!
Would you like to learn how to draw an easy horse? You can master this easy horse outline with the help of an equine drawing guide.
Horses and people have lived and worked together for around 6,000 years. We ride horses and have used their strength to pull wagons, chariots, and farm equipment. Today, though, most people own horses for recreation or pleasure.
Scroll down for a downloadable PDF of this tutorial.
Learn to draw this easy horse and add him to your herd.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Drawing an Easy Horse
1. Begin the easy horse outline by sketching the horse's face. Outline the nose with a long curved line. Draw an irregular round shape for the eye, and shade a partial circle inside it. On the nose, draw a dot for the nostril. Place short curved lines above the eye and nostril and at the corner of the mouth.
2. Draw the lower lip and jaw using a long curved line. For the ear, extend two curved lines upward and allow them to meet at a gentle point. Contour inside it with a curved line. Outline the mane with two curved lines that meet at a point.
3. Draw the horse's mane. Use a series of curved lines. The points and "U" shaped sections are locks of the mane.
4. Begin to outline the body of the easy horse cartoon. Extend a long curved line below the head, forming the neck and chest. Use a pair of curved lines to sketch the leg, noting the gentle point of the knee. Connect them at the bottom with a short line.
5. Draw the easy horse cartoon's rear leg, again using a long curved line for the front of the leg and a short one at the bottom.
Connect the legs near the top, forming the belly. Then, band the bottom of the front leg with a curved line to indicate the horse's hoof.
6. Extend a line from the mane. It should run across the back and rump and down the back of the leg to fully enclose the outline of the horse. Band the bottom of the leg with a curved line to indicate the hoof.
7. Draw the remaining front leg, raised as if taking a step. Outline the leg using two curved lines, and connect them at the bottom. Band the bottom of the leg to indicate the hoof.
8. Draw the final leg. Again, use a pair of curved lines, connected at the bottom. Band the bottom of the leg with a curved line to indicate the hoof.
9. Complete your easy horse outline By drawing the tail. Use long and short curved lines that meet at sharp points.
Color your easy horse cartoon. Ours is brown with a darker mane. But horses come in a range of colors and patterns - black, white, brown, blonde, cream, grey, and even red.
Some have spots or specks. Others have markings on their faces called blazes or stars, or spots on their legs called socks or stockings.
Printable Drawing Tutorial
This printable is for members only. Join now!
Still seeing ads or not being able to download the PDF?
First, check that you're logged in. You can log in on the member login page.
If you're still not able to download the PDF, the likely solution is to reload the page.
You can do this by clicking the browser reload button.
It is a circular arrow-shaped icon at the top of the browser window, typically found in the upper-left side (you can also use keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+R on PC and Command+R on Mac).